Personal View site logo
Let's end unboxing videos!
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Brilliant! Reminds me of using bubble wrap for fire sounds - twisting it and occasional popping is very realistic. I love the string around those big air pockets - very inspired.

• Regarding those Vimeo fashion videos. Who's paying for them? I mean the ones that don't particularly feature a brand or product. I see a lot of them, but don't imagine who is getting a benefit from funding the video?

PS I love unboxing videos. Gives a good idea what you are getting before purchase.

• Ooh - or anything that looks like a load of stills with music - that's my favourite pet hate. So could we have a model in an abandoned buildling as a series of stills with music, and right at the end she finds a box and opens it? Could be a good new genre.

• I think I would rather end the bad fashion videos that usually compromise 3/4 of Vimeos front page. I dont care that the model is hot and you're shooting in an abandoned building. It's boring, these are all the same.

• I love unboxing videos - and if done right can be very informative and hilarious

• what does an unboxing video prove for a buyer?! I'm sure a box can be opened, contents tampered with, box resealed and a unboxing video shot documenting inadequate contents!! not really cross-examine worthy evidence.

to me they are a sign that some people have way too much time on their hands or like the sound of their voice way too much.

• I couldn't possibly make one of these unboxing videos, I just rip the packaging and box lids off I'm so excited to get my hands on the gear inside :-)

Think I might do a parody...

• I had to return a Sony alpha 850 and an unboxing video helped me to box it right. Upload it to youtube better proves the time of unboxing. But I agree unboxing videos are awesome! So much entertaining! pure suspense! When I wake up, I just watch an unboxing video or two and I'm set for the day! I love the part when the guy says "international power supply - very nice and clean!"

• I like unboxing video.
    I think they serve the purpose.
    First, if you are just waiting stuff. Save your nerves. Second, if you want stuff but don't have money. Same shit.

• +1. Unboxing video is really for protecting the buyer himself. Why share it? Showing off?

• Yep - agreed. They used to mystify me too, until I realised how useful it might be to prove you did / didn't receive your stuff in good / bad condition.

But why you'd post them on YouTube - that's a mystery!

• I always film something when its send by post.
    You never now if you need it, when something is not completed send, or even damaged.
    i have prove how i did get it...