Personal View site logo
Welterwerk - GH2 Short / narrative music video
  • 68 Replies sorted by
  • @TrackZillas thanks! I think it was one of the first editions of PTools (61?), can’t remember the name of the patch but it was an early 1gop 176 by driftwood :)

@peaceonearth Yeah, we’ve worked with him before too, he’s a Great actor!

• @cekrem watched it at least 4 times. Really great! I like the guy in the control center. He is really acting great, great actor for this cast!

• @cekrem Great F...ing job man the footage don't look like it was shot from a GH2 at all. The grading job is excellent, do you mind posting the exact patch used I know it's an AVC Intra 176mbs but what nane exactly & what PTools 3.65d, 3.64d ect...

• @driftwood I’m glad you like it! We used your hack, and appreciate all the effort behind it! Very grateful :)

It seems most of the raw footage is on the editor / directors computer, but I found the shots from the computer sequence. Here's a snapshot before cropping and grading:

Skjermbilde 2012-06-07 kl. 11.04.37.png
    1074 x 605 - 690K
  • yeah this big soft floppies were like the essence of sci fi back in the day :) i had games on some of them.cruck cruck cruck sounds .loading... @cekrem great stuff man,works perfect with the music.

• Me and Mrs Driftwood absolutely loved this. Brings back early micro memories... floppy discs!!! lol! SIRIUSMO Music is very 70s Krautrockian circa Cluster/Kraftwerk - love it and works very well with the image! Visuals delightful. Greap DOP werks and produktion. Well done. :-)

• @cekrem Haha the things cameramen have to do to get a great shot!

• @DeShonDixon It was actually a dolly, not a slider, and a medium size jib for some shots. The tracking shot with the horse was kind of crazy... I stood on top of a hanger (behind a car), holding a rope in one hand and a camera on stabilizer on the other. (When the car got up to speed, I had to let go of the rope to keep the camera still, and almost died :D)

• Amazing job man!! Awesome!

• Utrolig fet video!

• @cekrem What type of slider did you use for the shots of the man in the machine room and what did you use for stabilization when the camera follows the girl as shes riding on the horse?

• Ok! I’ll try to find a few when I get home (haven't got the raw footage at work).

@Bueller thank you! We will! :D

• Nice work team. Make more...

• Appreciate all your feedback, guys! :)

I was asked by Salomon on vimeo to send some stills from the shots before any grading, are you interested as well?

• @Alfaerik Thank you! Smooth with contrast and nr all the way down.

@DeShonDixon Recording crashed 1 out of 10 times, which was extremely annoying as it ruined the take. But obviously a card problem, the GH2 never crashed after switching to 95mbps card :)

• @cekrem When you film with the 176mb hack at 720p50 there were no crashes during slow motion?

• That was fucking awesome man, props.

• so good! concept, execution, and overall vibe of the film work for this music video was fantastic. your team have lots to be proud of.

• Great video! What film mode did you use?

• Wow amazing! The direction and cinematography are easily on par, or better than, most mainstream professional productions... Nice work!

hacked gh2 > everything else below 3k$!

Hell, the GH2 is my favorite image besides Alexa and Epic... regardless of price. I prefer the Intra-GH2 to an F3, C300, AF-100, ect...

• most of it is slowed down, at least slightly. The sequence in the machine room / computer room is 1080p24, almost everything else is 720p. Great camera, huh?

• I'm looking at the video today again! @cekrem was the whole video 720p50 or just the slow mo scenes?

• hmmm... 16gB I think, can’t remember atm. The 95mb I'm using now is 32 gB - best so far imo.

• @cekrem also is what mentioned on vimeo that used a 45mb card with the 176mb. How many gbs?