Personal View site logo
Panasonic AG-AF100 upgrade to 1080p60 now available
  • Here's something many of us have been waiting for. I will download it, and try it out tomorrow and report back.

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/soft/upgaf100_e.htm

Here is some of the release information. Note this is a PAID upgrade.

1080 50p/60p upgrade software key for AG-AF100 series (paid option)

The following functions are added.

Optional Function

1. New “PS” mode (maximum 28Mbps), supporting “AVCHD Progressive” standard, records high-quality Full HD progressive signals (1080/60p* and 1080/50p).

*Actually 59.94Hz

1. Safety-zone “2.39:1” aspect-ratio marker display (on View finder, LCD and Output*).

*VIDEO_OSD ON

[STEP1] Update the software of AG-AF100 series to version 1.23 or higher.

[STEP2] Issue / retrieval of the activation code(s)

Register the “25-digit key code” which comes with “1080 50p/60p upgrade software key (AG-SFU100)” and the “equipment profile” exported from the AG-AF100 series unit on the “product activation code website” to retrieve the activation code(s).

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Well, the process is typically complex, but I got stuck when I realized that Panasonic don't actually have a process in place to sell this damn product directly on their web site, so assume we have to buy it through a dealer.

The SKU is AG-SFU100 -- which will theoretically buy you a 25 digit "activation code" to enable this new functionality in the software.

So, I guess I have to wait until Panasonic can be bothered to actually release this for sale through its channels.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions