Personal View site logo
Extra cheap plastic matte box
  • 40 Replies sorted by
  • Be warned: apparently the build quality has much to be desired. Stick with Cokin P filters if you're on a budget.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Yeah, Cokin filters seem to be the way to go if you're on a budget. Plus you can get mattebox-like rectangles which clip on if you want some cover :)
  • Had to order two at that price.
    ...figured a way to mount to a
    CAM CADDY rig
  • @Ptchaw
    Buy Cokin holder. Wide version if you want slim. It is very cheap.
  • Pretty useless if you can't put any filters in! You then have no control over shutter speed/aperture. You'd think it wouldn't cost much to add a couple of slits in it...
  • I bought it yesterday for the FF and Cheap rig also posted here, so review coming with that as well. And the 5" monitor. Stop posting cheap deals please VK , can't help myself. ...haha :-)
  • While I didn't see any lens support in the eBay listing, it's cheap for an adjustable rails mount lens hood with removable flags. Sold.
  • Consider this thing as lens support with free lens shade :-)
  • This is expensive lens shade rather than cheap matte box.
  • where do the filters go?
  • I think more people have been interested in my case full of lenses rather than my matteboxes. I always get suggestions such as "why do you have so many lenses? You do know you can get a lens like my _______ camera came with and it's a zoom and can do from ______ to ______ and it's the best (only) lens I've ever had! blah blah blah blah"

or

"hey, those lenses look expensive.. If you were to sell them on ebay, how much do you think they'd be worth....?" *looks around suspiciously*

• The one thing about a mattebox . . . it makes the clients think you know what you're doing. A mattebox combined with spewing some random technical jargon about the firmware hack will keep them out of your hair.
  • Well, sometimes my big mattebox is too heavy so I went ahead and bought one of these to try out. I'll review it once it gets here.
  • $58 with height adjustable. Even my $600 mattebox can't do that :)
    It does look like a toy!