Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @klem007

very nice! I like the sequence very much when the guy is coming out of the restroom and walks to the bar. Well directed. Chapeau!

• @CHARPU nice, what lens was used? ;)

• @klem007

Good work thats shows off the GH2 patch well.

• @CHARPU WOW! Amazing work for a test!! love it. love everything, the lighting and cinematography and pace. just wow! :O

• @CHARPU What lenses were you shooting with on these test videos?

• Hey guys! Thanks! I use the olympus zuiko 14-35, really expensive lens but it definitively speeds up the process. I wish it was 12-35, those extra 2 mm will really help on wide angle shots. But the lens its fantastic, only problem the flaring, other than that really impressive.

Im going to try the sedna D and see if it helps in postpro.

Charpu.

• I think I read it before that some one had use Driftwood High.quality, high bitrates setting as photo frame cature . A friend asked me to take picture for his daughter's first communion . I plan to use Sedna close setting as portrait picture by frame capture video . Your inputs would be very appreciated.

• @tinbeo Many of the different Driftwood settings with high bitrates can serve you decently for this. The thing to keep in mind for photos, is the shutter speed. Depending on how much motion blur you want in the portrait (and on which is more important, the video or the portrait) you may want to modify the shutter speed.

Sedna and Orion would be my first choices for the capture (some users are reporting that Mysteron is more difficult to grade, though I have not run into that issue myself yet) but shutter speed is a more subjective question. 1/125 or 1/100 will result in less motion blur (which may mean a clearer portrait, depending on the amount of motion) but can also make the video look more like it suffers from a strobe effect when played in motion (for the same reason that the individual frames look clearer).

Not sure if that helps, but I hope so.

• @ thepalalias Thanks for quick reply. I am going to use Olympus 45mm. Talking about shutter speed1/125 ( I am in USA ) , is that for 24P or 720-60P setting?

• This is offtopic but do passworded Vimeo embeds kill anyone else's browser? I'm running the latest Chrome and scrolling past those videos brings the browser to an absolute standstill. Once you've entered in the password all is well again. Strange and annoying!

• made a quick test video for the sedna aq1. slight color correction.

• @tinbeo I was referring to 24P or 25P.

@Oedipax With Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m under Windows 7 x64, it seems to be working fine here.

• Was this discussed anywhere ? Please let me know...

Is ETC totally stable with those latest Intra patches? (suppose i have the fastest card)

Thanks.

• @Oedipax It does f... up Chrome under Mac OSX 10.6 Slowing things down and annoying, I agree. Perhaps embedding videos is not such a good idea. Links?

• @thepalalias,

thanks! mmm... it's not as simple as it seems, huh? so not all Sedna's are EX stable. did i understand correctly?

• @rozroz I have not recorded problems with Sedna EX24H on the SanDisk 64GB 95MB/s at this point - all the versions either passed or haven't been tested yet. But EX in other modes (for example EXHBR or 80%EX24H) is an entirely different matter.

• Ok thanks. That's what i sort of understood.

• A modified Pictoris Patch mit Pana Matrix at 3200 Iso in a very Dark Club Nostalgic Mode Color -2.

• Hello! :) With the 64gb SanDisk 95MB / s, ay there any problems on the Orion 4b and 4d Dark matter? Because the 32gb sandisk 95MB / s, I only have problems :/

thank you

• Tying out the Sedna AQ1 "all around" setting yesterday on some city shots with my GH2 and the HBR mode.

Lots of noise on the trunks of trees and grey shadow areas. I'm using the kit 14-42 lens and the Tele-extender on a couple of shots. firmware 1.1 for both cam and lens. ptool3. I think I was on iso 160. It was sunny out. Tree trunks were crawling with noise. Pulsing and crawling. Nostalgic setting with -2 -2 -2 -2.

I was trying to use a Transcend class 10 card to see how it went. two of the shots have big streaks of blurred pixels going across them.

They all play back fine and no crashing of camera or anything like that.

Any ideas what I'm missing. I see all this wonderful footage you guys are posting but mine is pretty bad looking.

Trying to get a good setting figured out for some paying gigs that will be shot in Gardens with lots of leaves and people walking around.

I have tried Sanity 4 before this and it crashed all my cards at any of the high bit rate settings. I found it un-useable.

• @klem007 Enjoyed it very much ! Mood the Direction Lighting everything was perfect. Sedna has held up very well. Grading easy enough ?

• @CHARPU beautiful work really love the second test. For me it really shows off the capability of these settings from Driftwood. All natural light in test 2 from the window ?

• Hey Liam! Thanks, yeah it was all natural light, I was really impressed by the results.. I think that test works really well because I only grade it a little bit. Im curious to try sedna and see if it works for me.

• @Oedipax

Yes Video embed does wreck Chrome on MacOSX but not Firefox. Under Chrome one needs to leave several seconds between in each password character - weird!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions