Personal View site logo
Bad noise problem
  • in every footage i shoot is a really bad noise, is this a generally gh2 problem or did i have a bad camera?

I have used every hacked version, but in every footage is bad noise....

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • is this ungraded straight from the camera?(because it seems very flat as if you lifted the shadows a lot) what settings were used? which hack? give us more info on that. Also make sure that you download chris brandin's streamparser and analyze the clip. This should tell us exactly what's going on with the compression cause from the looks of it, it's a compression issue.

• This shot looks very underexposed. Make sure to tune up ISO in such a case. What patch did you use?

• I use the quantum x v2 patch on this shot...

I have this bad noise/color noise even in good lightning conditions...

Settings i used : cinema 24p, smooth all -2, awb, 1/60 shutter. My used lenses are pani 14-140 and pancake 20mm 1.7.

stream.png
    1269 x 671 - 368K
  • I do notice more noise on GOP1 hacks even after resetting the cam. You might want to try Sanity 4.1. I get less noise with it but it's painful to edit in vegas compare to Nick's GOP1 hack.

• i agree on the very under exposed.. looks like it was filmed in very low light with a slow lens.. at high ISO. I can film in everyday office environments at iso160 with a fast lens and noise is barely noticeable with a F1.4 and it is over exposed. What were you setting for filming ? ISO, shutter, lens speed etc.