Personal View site logo
  • 85 Replies sorted by
  • @csync

I prefer localized keyboard, plus really do not see much difference with Razor one.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev - have you ever heard of Das Keyboard? Sounds like just about what you'd like, one of the most pleasurable keyboards to type on:

Same Cherry MX Blue switches.

• @pdlumina

Do not tell me about Thinkpad keyboards :-) As I keep old Thinkpad 600E just for this, love this outdated motherfucker.

You can look on ebay for old stock IBM keyboards with trackpad. They are similar, but not up to the standards.

Lenovo idiots kept constantly "improving" things. Making it worse and worse with each generation (as I have two newer ThinkPads I can assure you).

• I have a small pile of them and if shipping isn't too insane, I'd be glad to send it to you as a thanks for the hacks you do.

This is very interesting offer :-) You can PM me :-)

• The IBM Model M is not exactly the same as the silent Thinkpad keyboards. In fact, I would say they are a universe apart.

A close friend loves the loud KLAK KLAK from keyboards like the model M, but I have other preferences. The Thinkpad notebook computer has a keyboard that embraces the tip of your fingers and gives way without hesitation nor struggle. Is the equivalent of walking in velvet barefoot, while eating chocolate, and getting a massage.. in a climate controlled beach, with a margarita in hand.. the hand of a beautiful lady holding your drink that is.

• Your best bet if you want something as similar as possible to the IBM Model M is to get a Unicomp (since IIRC they're updated versions of the IBM) - and I think you can swap the caps too for localization. If you absolutely want something that works like a Model M and has no Windows keys, why not just get a Model M and use it with a PS/2 to USB converter? I have a small pile of them and if shipping isn't too insane, I'd be glad to send it to you as a thanks for the hacks you do.

Since I don't mind having a Windows key, I got a Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate Silent and I like it a lot, though I wish the mx browns were a little bit more responsive. I may end up trying something with mx blues.

• I wish I could rip the keyboard off my IBM Thinkpad T43 (before Lenovo), and have it on a desktop-surface-level layout, and use it for everything until the end of times.

While producing Thinkpads way back when, IBM unknowingly created THE BEST DAMNED KEYBOARD in the Universe. If you have ever used one for a few minutes, you know what I am talking about

• @kavadni

I think it is slightly different thing.
    I do not know how about you, but I find this fancy different colors not very useful.

• I hear you Vitaliy .. I use the AVID PC Version found here. http://www.logickeyboard.com/shop/video-1004s.html

And it's not just the nice coloured keys .. while it's subjective .. these keyboards are beautiful to use imho.

LKBU-MCOM4-AJPU-US110714-1-p.jpg
    1024 x 548 - 254K