Personal View site logo
Cooperative Effort For Shooting a Documentary
  • 60 Replies sorted by
  • Hey... I don't know if you are still looking for people to coop.,but I live in Luxembourg(big finacial and political center of Europe), just between Germany, Belgium and France. I would really like to help with such a project. Please contact me( marcustanson@hotmail.com)for further information.:) enjoy

• Guys, I tried to send the invites to all of you and emailed all too. In case you didn't get an answer from me, please signal here.

• Great Idea. Count me in 4 Germany. I think people here are not as obviously affected as in other countrys. But some are. Sound like a good challenge.

• I think poverty is Germany is as bad as in other EU countries, but Germans aren't allowed to complain cause "their economy is growing". Fact is Germans accepted lower wages, where the French will never. Germans accepted later pensions where the French will never. I think the lower class in Germany is in a bad situation due to shrinking wages, and I think the wealthy corporate export-oriented side of Germany needs some good lessons in solidarity with their own workers and with other EU countries, like Greece etc. Germany should lead, but instead it acts cowardly, just like Obama.

• Yep, but its only the german industry and the banks. We have had most of the best educated job employe in europe for a long time. Those working people work now for wadges underneath a value, that has been defined as a social limit by the goverment. The crisis has been made with help from many german banks. Besides, exactly like in the 20th of last century. We see more and more empty shops. "For rent" & "fore sale" has never been seen this often in german citys like in these days. And thats definitely no export. Many small companys will be occupied by big ones or will close.

• @Gerald Come on it. Send me your email so that I can add you to dropbox. Do you need any more specifics on what kind of footage is required for the trailer?

• @goodempire Hey, you forgot to send it to me ;-)

• Looking like all is going fine here.

Want to reming that you can make private conversation and add all members who are taking part to inform all at once.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks. I'll try to figure. Is that through "messages"? @Kihlian Will fix that.

• Yep, same as PM, just add necessary people.

• I'm in LA if you need somebody out here, I would be interested in helping out with some footage. I have been reading the thread for a couple days, and it looks like a great concept. Also crowdsourced documentaries get me excited!

• I think this may be of an interest to all including Vitaly. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/16/world/asia/amid-manufacturing-decline-japan-weighs-a-reinvention.html

I wish could have a comrade there:)

• That's such a good story. It really is amazing how quickly industrial decline can take over. Japan is a fascinating country I was there filming last year and then at the end of the shoot I stayed on for 2 weeks, the most fascinating holiday I have ever had.

• @GOODEMPIRE

Yukio Noguchi, an economist at Waseda University in Tokyo, has called last year’s disaster a chance for Japan to shift to a more supple, service-oriented economy like that in the United States. He says clinging to an outdated manufacturing model also hurt Japan

US economicts are clearly ahead of their buddies by few decades :-) They already destroyed most manufacturing jobs :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev So true.

to everybody: thank you guys. I think we have more than 10 people in our boat already. I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't sink. Today I received first 3 shots from Argentina. Kudos to our Argentinian brother Juan Manuel.

Also, May 1 isn't a strict deadline. I think we can shoot some stuff during Mayday protests in case they are scheduled in your area for this year.

• @goodempire Right now I'm in Geneva for 3 weeks, I'll try and find time to see if I can shoot something here, related to the subject. But unfortunately can't promise, yet.

• @vic20 I'll add you to the discussion thread and will send you an invite. It's hard to give orders from such a distance. Think creatively and if you can find something there — great. I thought Geneva is where all the oligarchs reside, right?

To everybody. Guys I want to publicly thank our comrade Atticusd for sending in great stuff. One frame I grabbed and want to post here. When such things happen (I don't mean evictions here) they encourage me greatly. I'm sure you will agree.

Screen shot 2012-04-21 at 4.07.43 PM.png
    2184 x 1268 - 2M
  • This project looks very interesting. I'm French and I'm in Paris. I'd love to be a part of this project. If you need me, I'm totally in

• @MStaub I need your email. Will add you to both dropbox and our discussion thread

• San Francisco In.... exilenorth@comcast.net May 1st?

• interested...italy

• @exilenorth @killout please check our thread. I'll add you so that you can read it.

• Perfect, i will begin

• Great shots received from Argentina, Pakistan and more! Guys, please try to be on a tripod or other sturdy surface. And make your shots 15 seconds long at the minimum. Thanks!!!

Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 11.20.35 AM.png
    1706 x 1018 - 2M
    Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 11.22.33 AM.png
    1906 x 1051 - 2M