Personal View site logo
Official GX1 hack development topic
  • I got the dump. Initially all looks pretty good.

I hope to start to work on hack soon.

• 363 Replies sorted by
  • Excellent!

• G3 would be better..

• @Failflow

Do not worry, G3 will be next.

• @failflow

I signed up just to counter how ungrateful you sound. We are very lucky that we have people willing to spend their time improving our cameras beyond what Panasonic had intended. I used ptool on my GF1 and can't wait for it on my GX1. I am a bit late to make a donation for the GX1 fund but I will make a donation as soon as the hack is finished to thank Vitaliy for all of his hard work. The GX1 is a great camera but would definitely be made better with manual video mode. I am very interested to see what the GX1/G3 are capable of when pushed to the limit...

• This is great news! I will donate soon as well.

• GReat news!! can u preview what's the key feature for GX1? would it be on manual video? :) can't wait and let do the folks here know if need more support

• Plan is to port features present in GF2, GF3 hacks. Later we'll move to manual thing, as it'll be similar for four cameras.

• Personally I d like to see how we can take the mp4 h264 wrapper stuff further. ;-)

• Any news about Gx1 hack development ?

• @scipio

I am working on next PTool that will have support for G3 and GX1. Hope it'll be available in June.

• Super! Great! Can't wait! :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank you very much for the fantastic news :)

• We'll have some release delay due to me being sick for some time :-) But I have only few remaining things to finish, so it'll be soon.

• Really a good news Vitaliy_Kiselev :) Sorry for your disease. I hope nothing of serious.

• Good news to end June :) & good health for VK

• Take care. Priority to health, family and friends. ptool can wait :-)

• Well said lolodigital! +1!

• Take care VK. Hope you soon ok again.

• Hope you feel better soon. I hate being sick.

PTool, work in progress.
    Various MP4 specific modes settings are being added.

ptool.jpg
    382 x 630 - 70K
  • Marvelous VK!! look forward to the release soon :)

• wonderful... hope to see the same for G3 at the same time as GX1-G3 is one project :) keep up the good work VK!

• Awesome! Hope you're doing good (healthwise)!

• Congratulations Vitaliy, it looks absolutely amazing ! Last week i bought the G3 just because of your upcoming genius hack !!!

• That a very welcoming ptools picture @Vitaliy_Kiselev :-) Congrats on your hard work.