Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias All good yesterday with the BC? The Big Comparison?

• @jvalal sorry for the late reply. The pre-hack IS pretty good. If you download the original, you can see there is a huge difference in the blacks, though -- plus there is actually a strange vertical black band on the left in the pre-hack footage. It may be because there is actually color information in the pre-hack shot, since the sky was turning blue, but I think in general, they both look pretty good. It's not that great of a "test" because there's a lot of empty space, not a whole lot of detail, and not much in the way of colors, so the original codec is able to perform very well comparatively. I just happened to have the two shots, so I thought I'd put them side by side.

• @ishvar : Welcome! Which place are you going to?

• Who has had experience with Mysteron and Orion? Just interested to see which delivers a better end product. I've just gotten my GH2 and hacked it, and only used the Mysteron, but it's amazing to say the least. The videos posted here say it all...

• @jokami, awesome work!

• @blackspot Thanks! I used standard -2, -2, -2, 0

• Nice. I really like that curve station wagon shot, with the little zoom.

• A little bit of Orion and spanmybitch up. Enjoy!

• @MattRobertson7 Nice video! What picture profile/settings did u use?

• @ishvar nice setup! lucky you have 2 cams : ) u can load one stable settings on one and top quality on the on the other, if no multicam is needed.

@all along these lines: is H and L setting different in terms of matrix,compression,etc ...or is it just the bit rates and the arbitrary name? if these and all others could be fully adjusted through ptools maybe a mixed patch can be created/loaded let say half Sedna(H) and half(Mysteron) etc...or any other combination(s) . testing would be easier too ;) is this technically possible?

mysteron and SH: i noticed when using 720 50p SH , the time left shown is 4 times less then the actual time left for this mode. if it says - r10sec - that means 40 sec of actual recording time are left(720p SH).

also sometimes SH 720 50p (especially if longer)files would not playback straight away after recorded , a one second recording of whatever and the file usually plays, if error or not possible to play it just fast off/on would do the trick.

checked spanning (in this mode and in 24L)and it works on a 95mbit/16gb SanDisk until i stop it or it runs out of space...created files are over the usual (crap) fat16 size 4gb. will try the 24H.

• I am leaving for Portugal tomorrow. Would have liked to bring Cluster v2 along but chose Cake v2.2 by balazer instead:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2123/gh2-cake-v2.0-designed-for-reliability-and-spanning-in-hbr-24p-and-vmm-at-2-2.5x-stock-bit-rates/p1

Together with bkmwcd´s natural patch these are the best mild patches around here:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2318/official-low-gop-topic-series-5/p13

If you want an even lower mbs patch, RalphB´s Sanity v5 is pretty good:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2642/sanity-4-and-5/p1

May be there´s still a chance Nick releases his latest patches tonight!? Sorry if the pic is a little offtopic!

Vakantie hack Sanity V5 en Cake V2.2.jpg
    4500 x 2848 - 1M
  • does somebody know why i can not embed my video?

• I am back to Sedna Q20 A too somehow it feels like GH2 flows better ... but very anxious to see VY Canis Majoris

• hey everybody

here a short video that i shot yesterday for a project. sedna A AQ1 with canon FD50mm F1.4 and 14-140HD

iwanttomaketheworldabetterplace.com

• @conscius Ah, okay. The more common way is to just say "24H" instead of "24P - SETTING NAME - H or L". Thanks for taking the time to clarify. :)

• @thepalalias , no, I meant: High settings.

• @vas907 wow i love the shot of the flag at 52 sec...amazing idea.

• Sedna Q20 w/ Voigtlander 25mm, Olympus 9-18mm, 45mm

• @conscious Is "H" equivalent to A, B or C? I love the expression on the actor's face.

• screenshot of my shory I'm filming. Today was the second day. Still 3 shooting days. 24p sedna AQ20 H settings with color correction

malice1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @luxis thanks! I'm really a noob when it comes to grading but I do my best by the gut :) I use a DIY Igus.com DryLin W slider I ordered from Germany, pretty much complete I just had to add 3/8" bolt for the fluid head and thread the rail for the 3/8" tap on the tripod. Works perfectly and costed me 1/5 of the price in stores, shipping included!

• @cablefreak76 very cinematic footage and grading ! btw, what did you use for the smooth movement?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions