Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • PTool v3.61d released

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/414/ptool-3.61d-topic

Any discussion of new PTool in this topic will be prosecuted.
    Use link above, please.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Would be nice having a thread resuming what is possibile achieve with the new patch/ptool.
    After reading this 3d and the ptool 3d I'm a little bit confused
  • "Most probably within 24h."

Hard waiting...
  • ""As soon as I'll fix few other things and some hints I'll release 3.61D :-)
    Most probably within 24h.""

O_O
  • @V., I have a theory why we get the colour changes from live monitoring to recording. I suspect during live view the sensor is running at 120fps for fast focusing. That means that the processor(s) have to do much more work, and there isn't time left to apply some colour processing (lookup tables etc). That's why they only kick in when you hit record and the sensor drops back to 24/30/50/60 fps.
  • Awesome.
  • @mistan With Ya man!! I was going to bed and then i read this!?!? yea.. right... i am now bound to think of the new release all night until i actually test it out as i imagine the quality that will make all my "dreams in digital" come true..
  • I've been shooting all day and I'm super tired but to come home to news like this....it makes me want to go back out and shoot with this asap! Man, Im wide awake with excitement!

Oh gosh I'm hyped!
  • Great - I'm in tears now, tears of joy - not 25p kind of tears LOL
  • Super!!! GH2 in steroid soon
  • Just finished final testing of bitrate patches.
    The only one patch will be enough to set bitrate for particular mode and go shooting.
    Remaining time will be accurate and all else necessary things will be done transparently.
    If you'll need to adjust encoder behaviour even more you could also do it using new patches for testers.

As soon as I'll fix few other things and some hints I'll release 3.61D :-)
    Most probably within 24h.
  • @KrisCanonizado
    @feha

To PTool 3.60D topic, please.

>What is the problem ?

Problem is that current bitrate patch won't change average bitrate. Period.
  • Tht's great,
    I hacked mine GH2, the quality looks a bit better but:
    File: F:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00003.MTS
    Size = 54 933 504 Bytes (286 112 Packets)
    Stream: Max Speed = 47 127 270 bps
    Mode = 1080/24pN
    PCR Timing Interval = 0,095 seconds
    Clip Time = 0:00:19,56
    Average Total Bitrate = 22 466 676
    Average Video Bitrate = 21 633 325
    Average Audio Bitrate = 235 277
    Average Other Bitrate = 598 073
    Max GOP Size = 2 322 816 Bytes (18 582 528 bits)
    Video Frame Size (Min/Ave/Max)= 20 352 / 115 065 / 502 272

I still get average: 22mbit's ...
    What is the problem ?
  • I think anyway, we also need a new flat color profile to shoot with...
  • YouTube, no matter how nice the image looks, never tells the full story. I can not judge it fully by watching it on YouTube. On an average it looks decent when watching it on that site.. But it will be nothing like the real thing.
  • @disneytoy
    i think if you watch it at full 1080p HD 02:56 you can see a hair details ...
  • Unfortunately, there is no detail in the girls dark hair. In the highly detailed shots lots of contrast and detail. I'm guessing the bitrate drops and the hair looks almost like a solid one tone object.
  • I found another one, it says hacked GH2 ...

• Is it possible to get a 2:35 anamorphic safety frame / guide? Kind of like the safe areas you get with video cameras?

• Have a look at the comments on Dominick John's video on Vimeo (click the vimeo word bottom R) - you'll see there are still experiments to be done - some of the original footage is lower bitrate than my unhacked GH2!

Still looks very nice though - this bitrate thing is not the whole story, but looking forward to it anyway.
  • "Main target now is improved usability for casual users, so all they'll need to do is use one simple patch for each thing.......Early next week, I think."

Great news Vitaliy! I´m new to all this hack stuff but I´ve heard that a guy called LPowell made the best patches for the gh1(3). Is he around here somewhere?
  • It's not my video. It belongs to Dominick John