Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 5
  • 751 Replies sorted by
  • yes i agree with that...but it's not a choppy playback which could be normal with higher bitrates and my specific hardware.... Probably there is something really different in GOLGOP13 from the other settings, to have such a different behavior in my player... The good news is that enabling deinterlacing everything looks excellent!! Still need to test spanning in 720/50p and extele modes.... I think it's a keeper for me!!

• not stable in HBR mode

GOP3z_Orion_24H_chart_still.PNG
    746 x 412 - 43K
    GOP3z_Orion_24H_pan.PNG
    746 x 412 - 46K
    GOP3z_Orion_HBR_chart_still.PNG
    746 x 412 - 39K
    GOP3z_Orion_HBR_pan.PNG
    746 x 412 - 44K
    GOP3ZILLA_Orion_V0.1.zip
    889B
  • @towi

"if I remember correctly it also crashed on SanDisk 95MB/s (32GB card) ... in HBR/25p mode that is."

Thanks again! :-) I'll check and improve. How about changing 19 of a GOP table into 21?

BTW, "GOP3ZILLA_ORION"

Your idea is always interesting!

@soulkeeper

Thanks for testing my settings! :-)

• @towi

"BTW: the latest GOLGOP13-SednaC doesn't work for me in HBR/25p mode."

Now, how is it?

This is "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA".

EDIT:I have received the report that both NTSC and PAL work satisfactorily.

EDIT:New version is released!

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/56753#Comment_56753

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA.zip
    937B
  • Don't know about PAL but NTSC works fine - or at least Cinema 24p (.99 GB/minute) and HBR 30p (334 MB/Minute) with no write errors and in-camera playback. Haven't tried 720p or 1080i as they are not high on my list video modes. Can't say how spanning works...

• Update from the NTSC world :-) : Sorry for incorrectly stating in-camera playback worked. GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1 24p and HBR30p..No in camera playback :-( However GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1 HBR30p spans :-) This is of no real concern to me as I'm strictly 'armature' and never use in-camera play back. HBR30p spans (bad news if I somehow leave it recording) and Cinema 24p is good for 5 minutes (which is longer than my attention span) :-)

• @Bonzai

Thanks for feedback! :-) Also in the feedback from my friend, I have received the report that FSH and HBR of NTSC have no problem. If it is in PAL just, feedback has not been got yet. Of course, although I thought that it could be usable also in PAL, as stated also above, in principle, I gave priority to 24p and made this setting.

• Correction: I was referring to GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA. I just retested 24p (see attached StreamParser results) and in-camera playback worked just fine. Don't know what to make of it except the card is a Transcend 16 GB Class 10 and who knows what it can reliably do...

00077.mts StreamParser.png
    1297 x 681 - 259K
  • @Bonzai

Thanks again! :-) I need to get those who use to check by themselves about the situation in cards other than SanDisk95M.

• GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA: One minute @HBR30p. Pany 14-140, Vibrant -2-1-1-2, F4, ISO3200, SS30. Looks quite stable although diagonally panning the brick wall with a railing in the foreground drives the i-frame size up a bit (see attached StreamParser report). In-camera playback is fine with Transcend 16 GB Class 10.

00078.mts_StreamParser_report.png
    1305 x 689 - 327K
  • Hey everyone, just a quick question: I tested GOP3ZILLA V2.12 today and had a recording problem. Whenever I shot a long recording, let's say more than 3min, I could only record 1-3 more short clips before the camera refused to record any longer. I pressed the rec button and the cam just wouldn't record. I had the same problem with cake 2.2 today. I have no idea why. I used a SDXC 95 MB/sec and shot at f2, shutter 50, iso 1000. Standard -2-1-2-2. It never happened before so I am pretty confused why it is happening now. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I searched the forum another time and then read about that common problem with that card. I guess that is the problem, even though it doesn't give any "error" warnings just refuses to record.

• @Bonzai

Many thanks for feedbacks! :-) I have received the report that both NTSC and PAL work satisfactorily from my friend.

@Tobsen

Thanks for testing my setting. :-)

I also imagine whether the cause of a card is not good.

• Oh I forgot to mention one thing: I shot in HBR25p and it looked reaaaaally good ;)

• @Tobsen

Thanks! :-)

• I release "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA" setting.

Please try. :-)

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA.zip
    902B
  • A 2 minute walk up Market Street. Video/audio captured with Panasonic GH2 with GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1C_V2.1 video patch and Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2 audio patch. Hand held camera - it's a lot more difficult than it looks...

Credit to bkmcwd and Nick Driftwood for the video patch. Likewise Per Lichtman for the audio patch. Much appreciation to Vitaliy Kiselev for making it possible.

• @Bonzai

Thanks always for using my settings. :-)

I am working for GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1C_V2.1_BETA2.

• A few images of the 2012 Paris Marathon taken yesterday in 720p with the GOP3ZILLA_V2.12 patch on a freshly formatted 95MB/s Sandisk 64 GB card, and graded with the technique explained here : http://www.personal-view.com/talks/categories/color-grading.

The camera stopped recording once after 30s without warning at the worst possible time on a scene that did not strike me as being more complex compared to the previous ones. I had to pull out the battery and the clip was lost (0k size, unrecoverable by PANASONIC AVCCAM RESTORER that complained about the card not being the right one).

Thanks bkmcwd.

• @pwc

Thanks for using my setting and feedback! :-)

"The camera stopped recording once after 30s without warning at the worst possible time on a scene that did not strike me as being more complex compared to the previous ones."

OK. I will check and improve it.

• This is "GOP3ZILLA_2.13_BETA2"

Since 720p of V2.12 was somewhat too aggressive, it was made quiet.

Please try! :-)

EDIT:Please use 2nd zip. 1st is wrong.

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA.zip
    767B
    bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_V2.13_BETA2.zip
    716B
  • @bkmcwd Thanks for your very quick answer. I'll load the new settings and give them a try tomorrow if the weather permits. Thanks again.

• @pwc

I am sorry that I have attached the wrong file first. Please use right one of 2nd. :-)

• @bkmcwd thanks for releasing this settings i will try them soon! testing in pal-

• @sebasp1

You are welcome. :-) I am glad if comment are told, since I am not detailed about the situation of PAL.