Personal View site logo
ROWA Wireless microphone system

• 1.0" LCD display screen
    • Operating Frequency: 2.4~2.483GHz
    • Battery display, Lock display, mode display, Autoscan manual, channel display and Mic plus
    • RF output power: 50mW
    • Apply to multiple channel operation or long distance transmission
    • Powered by 1 x 3.7V / 710mAh lithium battery (Transmitter and receiver)

Price: $177.10

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1-0-lcd-2-4ghz-50mw-stereo-wireless-microphone-system-transmitter-receiver-set-for-camera-122179

• 57 Replies sorted by
  • Are you serious ?

• @zcream

Why not? :-)
    It has stereo mic inpuit and stereo line input.
    Looking at short manual parameters are quite good (as it uses digital transmission).

• "Powered by 1 x 3.7V / 710mAh lithium battery"... Any idea what battery that is? Something built in I guess?

• Any idea what battery that is? Something built in I guess?

No. Spend few seconds, click on a link. It is NB-4L battery. Available on ebay in wast quantities for about $2-3.

• sorry, got it... even comes with chargers. would be good to hear some reviews...

• I will be waiting for some reviews, this is great budget solution.

• I'll be getting it, but it'll be slow, as it is dealextreme :-)

• I would be curious about the reviews. ALL the cheap wireless mics I tried sucked so far. Transmission is not digital. Its analog over a 2.4GHz spectrum. Lectrosonics is the only with with a digital transmission. They conver the analog signal to digital before sending it out and decode it on the other end,

• @zcream

I suggest you to try Line 6 systems. As far as I talked to owners they are very good (fully digital). But they don't have any on camera solutions.

• Its analog over a 2.4GHz spectrum. Lectrosonics is the only with with a digital transmission. They conver the analog signal to digital before sending it out and decode it on the other end,

Can you tell me source of your information?
    None of the specifications say this. Their home page has "complete digital wireless stereo microphone system"
    Same on the cases "digital wireless system". Looking at 86db SNR and 80db stereo separation it also looks like digital specs. Of course it can be not entirely true, we'll see :-)

Lectrosonics is the only with with a digital transmission.

It is also wrong. As Line 6 systems exist for years that are very advanched digital systems working in same 2.4GHz range.

• Lectrosonics is the only with with a digital transmission.

Not only Line 6 digital systems are alternatives.

Also Shure has digital systems:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/wireless-systems/pgxd-systems/index.htm

• There are more digital wireless broadcast systems, like ZaxCom, AudioLTD or other $ 2000 + solutions. But these are in the 400-900 MHz range, meant for broadcast wireless systems. As are the Shure PGXD system and the Lectrosonics systems.

Those - 10x more expensive - systems are not in the 2,4 GHz Bluetooth, Wifi (and microwave!) frequency range, like the Rowa and Line 6 systems. This frequency is very crowded and also more directional-sensitive.

I guess sound quality of these Rowa's will be good, and it looks like you can power them with 5V from your rig, and there is a separate headphones out as well as line out (volume adjustable to GH2 input levels?). So at first sight this looks very good for a set that costs less then $ 200.

So it could be a great alternative for those expensive TxRx sets or even the current $500/600 Sennheiser sets. At this price, the real interesting thing is if the wireless reception is good enough for avarage use. Do you know if those Line 6 owners use their system at run&gun location work, or only fixed positions? Both are 2.4 GHz digital diversity systems so I guess they'll hold up the same? It would be interesting, as I am looking for an extra set as well.

If I understand correct the cheaper 400-900 MHz systems like Sennheiser G3, Sony U1 and Audio Technica 1800 are not digital? Did anyone test the (also cheap!) Samson Airline Micro system?

• any suggestions for lavelier mics to go with this?

• Any mono or stereo mike with proper jack must work.

• I've discounted the use of wireless before seeing this - either too expensive or potentially too crap. My limited experience with lav mics dates from 15 years ago, if a half decent mic is $50-100 its still in my price range. If they're more like $300, I may just wait a wee while.

• Vitaliy - did you receive it yet?

• @vitaliy_kiselev have you receive it? Please do a review. I am interested. Thanks

• I ordered one too, made a login here just to update with infos as soon I got it. I think it's promissing, but I dont believe it comes with a lav mic, so, any recommendation for me?

• this is about the most useful comparison I've found. There are a ton of mic reviews on YouTube that are people saying "I've gott this mic, its OK" with no comparison.

to my ears the sanken sounds the nicest. Im all ears for cheaper alternatives :)

• Is the mic coming from China to Russia on the back of a camel ? Its amazing how much time DX is taking for a country that shares a border with China.

• @zcream

It is not DX, it is our post :-)

• Good day Vitaliy, Have you received the parcel finally? What is your opinion about ROWA wireless system?

• Again, no. Our post in delivered on special worms. So it takes forever, especially for dealextreme.