Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @flaschus The plan had been to do use Sedna AQ1 A, but I would be happy to test Sedna AQ1 C instead if that is everyone's preference.

• Sedna C is nice for portrait, but A is my favorite for architecture or landscape.

• @nomad Yes, that is pretty much where I am at.

• @stray I'll pm you so we keep transcode discussion out of the patch's topic

• Tested Sedna AQ1 setC on GF2 and GF3, they both work well with Sedna. also tested q20 and worked just fine also. 1080 NTSC

• Does anyone know if the Sedna burst mode settings also work in the 300% speed up mode ?

It would be cool for time lapse mode with max details and large frame sizes

• I know with all the patching and certainly not what should I choose for 24p ..... I unfortunately do not have time to read everything in peace ... and my mother tongue is German.

Does anyone have a parallel to the thread in German hands?

• Google translate?

• @Mark-the_Harp OMG

@aceman Send me a PM

• Quick Question, I have my camera loaded with Mysteron and I want to give a try to Sedna C AQ1, wich version of Ptools should I use? Thanks.

• Mark_the_Harp:

Yes.... lol... I think i write in future with my own word´s.. ;)

• @thepalalias Thanks for the reply. So far I believe @driftwood Sedna A AQ1 is the closest in capturing the detail lost during compression. This is REAL important, especially representing fine detail such as sensor noise.
    First of all the finer (true to istelf) mist like noise allows us to more accurately removing it in post.

When we're dealing with noise reduction to remove noise that's swarming around with large macroblocks, post NR ends up destroying the details and we end up with plastic looking images (less detail) with swarming macroblocks in the shadows.

• For anyone interested, I did a moon test with Sedna Q20b and a 400mm lens in ETC mode. Brief comparison with pre-hack footage at end:

• @Tristan Beautiful, thx also for the comparison with stock footage.

• @Tristan

Very very good Job with a sedna Aq20

• @Tristan what was the iso? Looks great.

• @mozes What was the GOP of the transcode - 12/15 GOP?

• From last night. Shot with Rokkor 58mm f/1.4 at f/2.0, WB 4500K, ISO 1600, in 24H. -2 for everything (Smooth profile if I remember correctly), 24H.

Sedna AQ1 A vs Mysteron

Sedna had average datarates in the 126 to 130 mbps ergion and the Mysteron had 116 to 120 mpbs on average.

I picked a frame from each sequence that the most prominent searchlights in similar positions to make comparing easier. Shots were done in PAL mode and I also shot HBR, SH, FSH and EX versions of all 4 for both Mysteron and Sedna AQ1 A. Hopefully will post those tonight.

000 Sedna AQ1 A0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    008 mysteron0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • @thepalalias did you shoot this from the Griffith Observatory, or closer to the Hollywood sign?

• @cjdincer ISO was 160 in both cases.

• Hello All,

I'm sorry but I can't find the Sedna AQ1 C patch... Could you tell me where is it ?

My best.

David

• @weeyam Thx ! My best.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions