Personal View site logo
How to stay young
    1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them!"

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often-long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love-whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

(c) GC

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • thanks, i'll print this for my parents:)

• 11). Buy a GH2 and joint PV :)

• Live like youtube streaming player. No bling bling interface. Always new contents :)

• Well said Vitaliy.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Very nice post. May good things come to you and your family.

• Some still don't appreciate George Carlin to be the funny prophet that he was. We need all the voices of this sorry world to make it work. His was only one

• I saw GC perform at the Hollywood Laugh Factory. I felt so bad when he passed. One of the greats, like Cosby, Pryor, Hicks, he did something way beyond comedy.

• "I remember the days when finding white powder in your mailbox was a GOOD thing!" -- George Carlin

• "It isn’t fair; the caterpillar does all the work, and the butterfly gets all the glory." --GC

• Also like this:

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...

...and you finish off as an orgasm.