Personal View site logo
Corporate interviews
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • Much appreciated! This is going to help me a lot.

• Always try to phrase your questions as open-ended. Keep quiet while the subject talks. Keep quiet a little while after the subject is done talking. Some of the most amazing quotes come after a bit of a pause. Let them think!

Might disagree with @brianluce a bit about looking at camera vs off camera. At best it's a stylistic choice. Looking at the camera can have a degree of immediacy that off camera can't provide.

• Have them give the question in their answer. eg, Q: what is your favorite color? A: my favorite color is blue.

Don't interrupt or step on their answers.

Don't let them look at that camera. Best is off cam.

give lots of praise to interviewee

Don't let them fidget

Don't over do it on the pre interview.

Don't allow anything memorized.

• Just a small, really tiny tip useful in sociological interview : never ask "why" in your question (like "Why did you start doing this?") and always (!) prefer "how". Often when you ask "why" the answer will be too short. You have to push the subject to talk about the context, the story, and not his feeling about it (those will come better when you don't directly ask for them with a "why" :-) )

• Great Vitaliy! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

• I also had few talks with Jem, and hope that after NAB it's result in something useful.