Personal View site logo
First Underwater deep SEDNA test
  • Hi all,

Saturday finally I got my Nauticam housing so I had the chance to bring with me underwater. Actually I had organized a deep dive with my friends already. So it wasn't the best circumstance to test a brand new equipment: too many things to pay attention to: gases, scooter, depth... but I did not resist bringing the new housing and lights with me. I had a lot problems trying to get the proper light orientation (2x L&M SOLA 2000). The lumix 8mm fisheye has a huge angle so the lights must be moved back to fill the scene. Anyway... just a test with sickening shots.

@driftwood SEDNA A settings, mostly ISO 500, Lumix 8mm wide open (it's quite soft at the borders). All the shots taken between 60 and 75meter (195 - 246 feet)

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • @LongJohnSilver This is AMAZING!!! GH2 +vk + @driftwood I love you, thank you.

• I want that Nauticam housing bad, so expensive though.

• @LongJohnSilver Oh yes, really nice stuff. Quite eerie some of those shots. That casing is bloody lovely. Well done mate.

• @Rambo, yes it's expensive but it's half the price of a typical DSRL housing.

Thank you all.

• Those are some great images @LongJohnSilver !!! we are heading to the bahamas in May and you are making me think about swapping golf gear for snorkel/camera gear!

• Great job.

• @leonbeas Yes this is the reason I called it sickening shots. It's a test made with a brand new equipment made in the worst moment just to show Sedna underwater :)

Bye

• Contratulations on the new guear, shows us some footage when you can.

• Good stuff LJS!