Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 5
  • 751 Replies sorted by
  • Wow! Thanks for testing @tblackman!

Please tell me comment again. :-)

• @bkmcwd, REF: "GOP3ZILLA + sednaAQ1A + Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2" --- My set-up - GH2, sandisk 64gb 95mb/s sdxc card. Shooting HBR 25p. I am getting very stable results with this combo and perfect spanning. No need for a work around. Getting data rates of around 50 mbits/s. It also unwraps/converts in clipwrap which is a real plus for a MAC user. Thanks for giving it a go.

• @bkmcwd, Just wanted to pointy out that I am definitley getting smoother motion using this combo of GOP3ZILLA and Sedna. I think this combo was put together by @Kihlian. With an empty 64gb card it registers 1hr 55mins remaining. Yours states 1hr 44mins. Thats the only other difference i can see. It doesn't contain the audio patch.

setd.zip
  • @edgenumbers

Thanks for feedback! :-)

I also know the set which you attached. It is the set which combined the custom matrix with my "natural_v1.11" setting.

"With an empty 64gb card it registers 1hr 55mins remaining. Yours states 1hr 44mins."

It is because the bitrate for FSH/SH is lowered to 72M from original 80M, I think.

• @towi

http://personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/4e/6fe17b67632cce664c43307dd7a80a.png

Is this result of yours cadence which occurred from the relation between a frame rate and SS?

I stabilized "GOLGOP3-13 + Sedna" almostly. 25p and 50i are the frame rates to which it does not get used for me. By such a reason, I did not find the cause of cadence at first, but got confused. :-(

• @towi @Stray

I release "GOLGOP3-13 + SednaAQ1A" setting.

Of course, this is also the setting focused on image quality with LARGE I-FRAME SIZE except 60p and 50p.

Since top priority was given to making it stabilized promptly, I do not know yet whether this setting is good.

Please try it.

Special thanks to @driftwood! :-)

NOTE:

*24H mode is high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frame.

*24L mode is for 24p80%(30p).

*In camera playback is available.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L, maybe in FSH, HBR, and SH with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*The mostly satisfying result has come out of the torture test except 60p. (However, 60p can also be used ordinarily.)

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13 + SednaAQ1A.zip
    985B
  • @bkmcwd Cheers, will give this a go as soon as I can. I have some lowlight shooting to do very soon, and I was going to use a GOLGOP3 setting for that anyway.

GOP3ZILLA + Sedna AQ1 has become my default setting. I've been shooting a lot outdoors in the last couple of days, and I've been getting 100-116 Mbps from it, its reliable and stable (I only use 24H). I'm getting I-Frames of around 1,050,000 consistently with a sharp lens and good detail (and sensible B-Frame sizes). I prefer it to the Intra Sedna AQ1, the motion is great, the detail is higher and filesizes are less (albeit only slightly). The advantage of the sedna matrix mitigating banding (and to my eyes a lot of the stutter problems), plus the higher detail, makes this the setting for me. I'm really pleased, and surprised, with the quality of the chroma channels and colour representation in general from sedna too. As long as the WB is nailed and tweaked (the old two clicks left, one click down helps a great deal) of course. Apart from the usual oddness with certain reds I'm getting some of the best colour representation I've seen from the GH2 (standard profile and mostly -1 -1 -2 -2).

• @bkmcwd I tested your GopZilla3 V2 and also the new Driftwood Sedna A & B. Been trying B out the most. On one shot outdoors, I was doing a shallow DOF head shot with GopZilla. Backgroud was some bushes without the leaves. I noticed in the non focuses areas, a pattern in the wood grain of the small branches. I then switched over to Sedna B shot the same tight head shot. Background was out of focus and looked as expected with the patterns in. I'm going to try your GOLGOP3 and see if that solved the issue.

• @bkmcwd Initial tests look good on GOLGOP3 with Sedna. I'm going to do some more testing, but I'd like to drop the 24L settings in the 70- 80 mbs range. Can you tell me what settings might accomplish that?

• Is anyone else completely pleased with GOP3ZILLA + Sedna AQ1??? I have been shooting with it in SH mode and it works wonders. Also, just the other night, with some friends I was demonstrating quality and took a few shots with 24H and I swear it looked like the footage was graded perfectly already. Amazing SETTING!

• @bkmcwd

Thanks for the new settings!

Just checked the patch on a death chart and it still shows an uneven cadence of B-frames in 24H and HBR. FSH looks good, though. I-frames in HBR and FSH are still somewhat small. Wether or not this has an impact on the actual IQ has yet to be seen ... No real world testing so far.

golgop3_SednaA_24H_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 40K
    golgop3_SednaA_HBR_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 37K
    golgop3_SednaA_FSH_Frames.PNG
    746 x 398 - 43K
  • @towi

Thanks for quick feedback! :-)

"an uneven cadence of B-frames in 24H and HBR"

For example, if SS is changed in 25p, cadence will change this much like of the attached result. When you look at "uneven cadence", how many was SS? Is it possible to remove uneven cadence which happens from the relation between the framerate and SS?

EDIT:

First of all, I gave top priority to stabilizing a setting. I find out whether frame size of FSH and HBR will be able to be enlarged from now on.

GOLGOP3-13_HBR25p_ISO1600.jpg
    746 x 2322 - 2M
    GOLGOP3-13_24p_ISO1600_SS=50.PNG
    746 x 387 - 170K
  • @Stray

Thanks for feedback, mate! :-)

Under lowlight, results with most sufficient GOLGOP3-13_V4.11 are achieved in my settings. I am interested in what happens to the result of the setting combined with this Sedna.

• @jfro

Thanks for testing my setting! :-)

What kind of thing is issue which you pointed out? Would you show me a screen shot?

"I'd like to drop the 24L settings in the 70- 80 mbs range. Can you tell me what settings might accomplish that?"

In my idea, 24L considers only for the 80% mode. There may be setting compatible with 24H with 24p in 24L. But, I have not tried.

How about trying my "natural_v2.0" setting, if you would like to use 24p in the substance 70-80M? Although it is officially 145M, it is the setting of an around70M in practice.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/47819#Comment_47819

Even if you probably combine Sedna with this, I think no problem.

• @leejb4

Thanks for using my setting! :-)

Honestly, since I do not use SH at all, I do not understand arrangement at all. I think that there is room to inquire to a slight degree also including change of GOP about SH.

I am adjusting so that the highest result may always come out about 24p.

• By no means a scientific test, but a reasonable one. A 4 minute long shot of a talking head in lowlight with 24H with GOLGOP3 Sedna A. No cadence problem at 1/50 ISO 400, great frame sizes/detail considering the shot. Need to do a lot more tests though.

4minutes_GolgopSednaA.png
    1297 x 683 - 358K
  • @Stray Curious if you've ever tried 1/40 ?

• @jhero No I never have as it goes, I've pretty much always used 1/50 or faster shutter speeds. Any reason to try 1/40 specifically ?

• @Stray

Thanks, looks nice! :-)

• @bkmcwd

shutter speed was 1/50'' in all 3 shots.

• @stray I know Kholi likes 1/40 and by my experience I haven't noticed a big difference over 1/50 so I took the slight increase in light as I like to shoot with cinema profile

• @jhero Right, I'll try using 1/40 in a few days when I'll be shooting something with more interesting motion.

• @towi

The attached 2 StreamParsers are the result of shooting the completely same conditions with a test chart.

The frequency of the electricity my town is 50 Hz. If 50i and 25p are probably shot with a display, electric frequency and frame rate will synchronize and I will think that such a result will come out. About such a situation, I think that the person of a PAL land is detailed.

Since I had used neither 50i nor 25p until now, I had not thought. If this "problem of a synchronization" is not considered, I can make a PAL setting.

Please correct, if I am wrong. :-)

EDIT: My friend has also said whether cadence occurs by a relation with the refresh rate of PC display. How is it?

50i_ISO200_SS=50 (1).PNG
    746 x 387 - 171K
    50i_ISO200_SS=50 (2).PNG
    746 x 387 - 172K
  • @all :-)

I release "GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1A_V2" and "GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1A_V2" settings.

Of course, this is also the setting focused on image quality with LARGE I-FRAME SIZE except 60p and 50p.

FSH and HBR are improved a little from the previous versions. 24p is the same as before.

Please refer to here to combine @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2" http://perlichtman.com/pasdenapulse/wordpress/2012/03/14/panasonic-gh2-audio-settings-file-pasadena-pulse-audio-v2-beta-2/

Please try it.

Special thanks to @driftwood! :-)

NOTE:

*24H mode is high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frame.

*24L mode is for 24p80%(30p).

*In camera playback is available.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*EX Tele works.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L, maybe in FSH, HBR, and SH with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card.(Not tested yet, but probably)

*The mostly satisfying result has come out of the torture test except 60p. (However, 60p can also be used ordinarily.)

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA_SednaAQ1A_V2.zip
    984B
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13_SednaAQ1A_V2.zip
    986B
  • I'm not new here but please explain the differences between the two new settings. Particularly which would be best for HBR NTSC thank you.