Personal View site logo
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @Halvalla i think i saw some aliasing on the dust.

• @tinbeo I shot manual, 1080/24p 1/50 shutter 400 ISO f/3.2 (1st shot) f/5.6 (second shot)... Thanks!

• @x_worpig_x I think it all depends if you seek for a ready to use footage or a flat footage to correct in post. Normally the goal is to try to keep as much information as possible, especially because we have a 8 bit 4:2:0 codec and no s-log style profile (or logarithmic if was dpx)

• @driftwood 'Cluster' v1 With Orion is not spanning on GF2 once it reaches the 4GB limit, on a class 10 card samsung & transcend card. Otherwise, the quality is really good!

Other thing I've noticed is when colour treated with MB looks, the video is not accepted in a first go in the looks builder. And once it does accepts the video it is then streched by roughly 30-40 percent ( this is the case only with the hacked footage, non hacked clips works fine).

• @driftwood. Now Sandisk Extreme Pro, 90gb/s 8gb installed on GF2. Cluster v1 runs, and never hangs, but Pictoris v5beta too is not hanging anymore. My old home IBMT60P is not able to play it back smoothly :-) Will try tomorrow morning with the sun.

• @luca_vascon yeah get a decent codec installed in a fairly modern puter! Glad the rest is working for you :-)

• *** LATEST NEWS *** Possible Release Candidate for 'Wide shot' full picture detail 'Sedna' matrix sent to Andrew @onionbrain and Per @thepalalias for testing.

• @usersofcluster : how is the cluster v1 performing in low light / higher iso settings? anybody's insight on this?I'll try it anyway : )

• @driftwood T h a n k y o u for your hard work! cluster looks amazing and works on 15mb/s class 4 sandisks ultra!!! i used soviet manual glass - f2. the panasonic 14-42 looks retarded. just short tests but no issues will test more tomorrow. the first attempt to playback files in camera showed the preview image on some and others not, but didn't play any of them. on/off the camera and problem solved- i can play all of them onboard - from all four of the film modes.

• This is getting exciting. Every day for the last couple weeks, I wake up and run to my puter to check on status. Feels like a kid at Christmas. Good thing I have other things to do or else I'd probably go nuts sitting about waiting for news.

I've been using 4b and taking some interesting shots. Now I just wish I had a clue how to use and which to use regarding editing software. I already filled both of my 64g cards up. I am a musician though and have experience editing sound so I hope the transition isn't too hard. The material I am getting looks great to my untrained eyes.

• @Liquidfy There's some great overlap, in terms of rhythm, pacing, texture, frequency, etc. so you should be able to make good use of your transferable skillset once you start getting the hang of it. :)

I'm actually about to go to an artist's project studio to edit the music video I shot for her, for a song I mixed for her. :)

• @kingmixer Clearly the driver of the car is at fault, and a lousy driver, or drunk off his ass himself. Who doesn't hit the breaks when a giant beach ball bounces out in front of them? When will this world be safe for us to enjoy drunken beach ball chases?!

• Hello

I wait for the new patch sedna of master of patches Nick Driftwood.

;-)

• @driftwood you are true, I have to test in my office raid0 monster'puter. At home I'll be stuck to my babyIBM till I find myself rich enough to go for a Dell M6600 ;-)

• @driftwood, I'm new to AVCHD, any suggestion for a software to transform GOP1 movies MTS in editable and usable footage? THANK YOU! Luca.

• When I left three weeks ago, the Driftwood QuantumX Rocket v.2 was just released. I think this is a good test on how the patch stand movement. Lumix Pancake 14/42. 1/50 shutter. All recorded on a Sandisk 32GB/30MBps.

• @Rafa wow, it looks good! And the landscape phenomenal!

• @Cinemon The patch is simply ATOMIC. I've shot with few other cameras from cars in motion (and with two hands in better roads) and most times all the details got blurred. On no one of the shaky shots made with the patch the camera locked down.

• gh2 driftwood hack on Vimeo!

fixed grade. Cinema 0,0-2,-2

• (password is "Driftwood")

had to test some heavier color correction. So this is a quick tryout of the Driftwood Quantum X (v4b Orion) CBR 'Settings' (Smooth -2-2-2-2) [Sandisk 16BG/30mbs extrem] -> 5D2RGB -> FCP -> Color -> MPEGstreamclip.

all handheld while having a walk (I hate the shaking, but I wanted to share the rubbery picture bending problem.), Nikon 50mm, mainly shutters between 25 and 200, ISO 200 to 3200.

As soon as you touch the Luma-Secondaries in Color Bam! goes the banding. Stretching latitude doesn't really work of course.

• @Rafa nice mixture of jungle landscape and eclectic music taste ; ) lots of details for a shaky (and dangerous?) footage.

• @mee Finally, someone who gets it. I've been trying to raise public awareness over this issue for some time now. No one understands. :(

• @luxis Shooting on an English car would have been more complicated :-) The music is the one playing in the car. The CDs don't stand a full trip like that. With so many jumps they get scratched inside the player.

• One more video made using "Cluster" v1 driftwood settings ... average 40 mbps

• A vibrant is good!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions