Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Has anyone here got their SLR magic 12mm from China recently? I've spent a few weeks trying to order from Emilyfoto. After the details were confirmed, I didn't hear from them at all for about a week.

Today I checked with them again with Alibaba Chat ( I saved the transcript ) and supposedly they claim it is no longer being made. Hope not! If someone can confirm this or clear it up, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Kickstarter video shot with SLR Magic 12mm 1.6

Enjoy!

• @allenswrench Well, they have changed the date several times already so don't be surprised if it happens again. The last notice I got was at the beginning of april and I ordered in January. (around the same time as @Alex)

I've tried to get my money back to no avail. Right now I try to think about it as little as possible because it only pisses me off.

• @RRRR they sent me a message this morning, confirming the order and the estimated availability as 20th of April.

• @Alex Same here.. annoying to say the least.

• Thanks for that.. it might be a little late for me.. got a trip next Tuesday, but will email to check :)

• @soundgh2 do you have a link for the three day lens?

Thank you :)

• Wow, I better brace myself for a 3+ month wait! Not a brilliant start for SLR Magic, but I feel this is sadly the only lens that is wide and fast enough which will work with my FD´s....

• I ordered on Jannuary 14th from Konijenenberg. New delivery Date is some what mid April! Its a complete joke.

• If you still having trouble ordering in Europe, China has stock and 3 day delivery ...... same price including delivery.

• Just ordered from Konijnenberg, so let´s see how it goes... I already have a 52 to 77 step up ring, as well as 58 to 77.

• @jimtreats

Got a 72mm Fader ND on it no vignetting

• D-Focus 3 works in friction mode with it - Cinevate gear longest screw isn't long enough - it's quite a slim barrel at the focus end.

• Anyone has one for sale? I am very reluctant to order from konijnenberg and wait for 3 months or longer...

• I'm still waiting for mine... Let's just say I'm not too happy with Fotokonijnenberg and I can't take SLR-magic seriously as a manufacturer. Reported delivery date from them to Fotokonijnenberg - according to the last mail from FK was April 1st. It's bad joke.

Mind, when I ordered - it was reported "In Stock". Then late February. Then middle of March..

• @RawB, Yes this would be great for interiors/ real estate because it would give you a very wide angle so you could give a good perspective on a whole room view, with the ability to make the most out of low level interior lighting. I would use this in combination with something like the 25mm voigtlander or perhaps even a little more mm like 50 mm for your closeups of specific things.

• ordered mine in early jan directly from slr. Received it the other day. snug fit, no problems whatsoever. Didnt know how much i missed a wide angle lens until i started using this. Loving it. Took a while to get it, but well worth the wait.

• Hi, reading about the SLR magic makes me wanne buy this lens. What I need is a lens for real estate / interior. Can someone please tell me if this 12mm f/1.6 lens is good for filming interiors or do I need a wider lens? Cheers, RawB

• @Nino_Ilacqua how are you able to order it from them directly?

• @nino_ilacqua How long did it take? I live in Bologna and never managed to get a package from e-bay in my house. I had two adapters lost on it's way and never had the courage to order something expensive while living in Italy. happy to hear you managed to get yours

• Hi,

I am looking for the SLR Magic 12 mm! Anyone interested in selling?

• I ordered mine directly from SLR Magic and got it a couple days ago. They sent me it twice, since the first one was lost by UPS. It was very gentle from their side to send me a new lens which I got in a record time of three days from Hong Kong to my house in Italy. I appreciated a lot their behaviour, The lens is a joy to use!

• So we down to bribes and body parts then :) Hell after their languid 3-2 victory tonight I'm expecting movement :p

• A word of warning before submitting an order on Foto Konijnenberg though. Don't expect to get it quickly. Konijnenberg do not have it in stock. I have e-mailed Konijnenberg a couple of times about the status of my order / the dire state of hyperprime supply.. expressing a wish to retract my order until they have it in stock - still no reply.

Last word from them I got was late february.. Ehem.. Let's see what they say next.