Personal View site logo
PTool 3.60d topic
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • very suspicios. vimeo guy ADAM MADA disabled comments for his video, i PMed him about his settings.
  • Hi there, I uploaded a 133 Mbit sample to Vimeo:

You can download the source file there, it's 18 Seconds I beleive - this was simply the clip with the highest bitrate I shot today, but I shot several clips with bitrate around 120 with lenghts over 1 minute. Recording broke down only one time, without any apparent reason (scene wasn't more complex, resulting 2-sec-file has 115 Mbit) - and the card I used is about the cheapest class10 card around (Transcend) - so as far as I can say, these 120 Mbit settings are STABLE :D
  • Btw, just to let you know.

Chris will be participating in GH2 project.
  • Chris Brandin, author of StreamParser, and, from my opinion, guy who helped most during GH1 hack progress.
  • Great news!
  • I was wondering where CBrandin was. He certainly was the most valuable contributer last year (outside of Vitaliy of course). I'm glad to know he hasn't gone anywhere.
  • "Chris will be participating in GH2 project. "
    Chris Rocks! Great news.
  • @fatpig
    not suspicious, he's been testing the hacks since the early days of gh13.
    i think he probably disabled the comments after inappropriate comments about his daughter on previous clips.
  • anybody would like to try my old 400 24 settings that i use on the gf1, i get 100 mbits stable on class 10 and still use it nowadays with no problems.
    all Q settings: set to 400
    all T settings: set to 24
    i dont have a gh2, but should be a good starting point

here is some more info on the 400 24 shot on a GF1
  • ADAM MADA wrote back: GOP and the exact settings to encoder settings, etc. Later, when stable
    the pulsing is the AF from Lumix-Lens-AutoAF . . .

so now we know about the pulsing...
  • So if im reading correctly...he's going to post the exact settings when he figures out a way to make it more stable? Sounds fishy
  • Nah.....I don't think so. He's a respected Vimeo poster and seems to have been with the GH-x series since day one. Let's just wait to see what he has to say.
  • I invested significant time and effort to look at the AVCHD encoder last days.

As result, PTool v3.61D will be coming soon.
    It'll include tuning of so called "internal encoder mode" introduced in GH2 (for example, 1080p24 has its own mode code that is calculated inside encoder).
    And many parameters tuning will be added also.

P.S. I'll be cleaning this topic leaving only really useful posts.
    No hard feelings, ok? Just to make it more readable.
  • You go Vita..."Deleted by admin for useless and unnecessary content..."

Have a Nice Day
  • anyone test out the AGC settings yet? if I wanna disable it do i set AGC 0 setting to 0??
  • I only tested that the 2 last digits in hexadecimal concerns the sensivity: 00 is the most sensitive setting, FF, the least. I didn't get to disable AGC in my various tests of different values on the two precedent digits. According to Vitaliy, the digits 1 and 2 after the "X" value concern one thing, the two last another thing (if I understood well).
  • Today I got an error message about NTSC/PAL problem. I have a PAL GH2 which I switched to NTSC(sometimes it seems I´m the only one here who wants 720p60 for fluid playback on monitors...).
    I filmed some scenes with 720p60, then suddenly I got an error about incompability of camera and card due to PAL/NTSC settings. After switching the camera on and off the problem was gone.
    Anybody else had this problem?
    For me it would be no problem to have a "fixed" PAL to NTSC conversion like in the earlier versions of PTool because I don´t need PAL framerate, really. Maybe the switching in the menu can cause sometimes troubles.
  • @HervT
    Try to format your SD card in camera with proper mode enabled.
    Current PAL<->NTSC patches are very reliable.
  • Btw, I changed progressive patch including bunch of internal encoder settings under the hood. During limited testing it looked pretty ok, no hangs.
    But either sensor mode is actually 60i or picture is processed before encoder or we don't understand something yet. So, we have same garbage in the bottom half.
  • Well, the strange thing was that I formatted the card before with NTSC settings and recording worked.
    Hope the problem will not occur again.
  • Thank you Vitaliy.
    It is critical that the hack go deeper to have any further progress (24p bitrate the goal).
    Considering you're going into the quantization, perhaps we might one day do 10bit! ;)

This weekend I used the GH2 hack (720p 28mbps) for the first time on a film. One odd little thing I noticed was that the nle (cs5.5) was doubling frames randomly toward the beginning of the 720p file. It was very weird behavior... I assume the hack affects i/p/b frame type tagging or something along those lines. (it gets in sync after the first few seconds) So for the time being, I'll be recording a few seconds before the take begins. I don't know if anyone noticed anything similar? Anyway, here's a preview of the film, the hacked 720p starts it off:

• Vegas will do the same thing. It's getting labeled at 60.00 instead of 59. In Vegas turn off resampling
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions