Personal View site logo
Text Aliasing Premiere
  • Can anyone help. See pics, bad.jpg and good.jpg. Good shows how the text looks on blu ray and digitial render. Bad is how it looks when I render to DVD. My project was edited on 1280x720 29.97 timeline in Premiere Pro. And all the text plates are the same 720 p. I tried a bunch of stuff: I tried changing text boxes to DV quality and I get same result. I tried interpreting footage as 1.2 DV widescreen. Still bad. Nothing works. Do I just have to live with this. How do the big movies make it look good? Do I have to use bottom third color scheme. I think this would do it, to use opacity on bottom third.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Why do you think we are all have moved to HD? But seriously, increase your bitrate for the DVD encode to maximum. Also part of the problem is that DVD 16x9 is not really. It's just 720x480 stretched horizontally 1.21 times. Aliasing comes from that, partially.

• Add a slight Gaussian blur to the text layer before export.

• @dkitsov, it is amazing, HD TVs have been out for 10 years at a good cheap price, even ghettos have HDTVs, and yet we still have to render to DVD SD, it really is crazy. but hey, your choice! yes I know about the stretch. that is the problem.

@rambo, i tried this and it works a little. it is a little better so i applied to all but definitely still seeing aliasing.

thanks!