Personal View site logo
FD Canon to m43 adapters topic
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • Hi, I have 5 of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160673159997?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 as I like to keep it on the lens and none of them have any play with the follow focus. I see this adapter a lot on ebay, and it is one of the cheapest, but they have been perfect for me, or maybe I just got lucky 5 times...

• I have the fotodiox. It's... ok. Not overwhelmed by it. There's a little bit of play in it, which is a drag when you're pulling focus. I'm a little disappointed in all of my lens adapters, the fotodiox for FD, the Kipon iris-adjustable one for EOS/EF, and the PAnasonic official one for 4/3. The followfocus always wiggles the lens a little bit! The fotodiox one sure is cheap though and doesn't have any adverse effect on the image or focusing as far as I can tell.

• May be I need take a risk and order and see how long it takes. I can wait 10-12 days. Not sure what difference the expedited the shipping will make....

• +1 ciecio 7

they are well made and solid - after dropping a lens when a cheaper adapter came loose I don't use anything else

• @ppcroft , there is no better alternative at good price/ quality except novoflex ...

• So what would be a decent alternative for the ciecio7 one? His shipping rate seem to be expensive and delayed.. More importantly there is no tracking option and a approximate date and my need is rather immediate..

How about the jinfinance one? Or Fotodiox one from Amazon? Any other one?

• +1 ciecio7

This is one I use, no problems at all: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250958409396

• +1 for ciecio7. I've had mine for some time and it is incredibly solid.

• +1 ciecio7

• I have that one from ciecio7, became it without problems after 10 days, (I live in Italy). It´s better that one from jinfinance because it´s made from only one piece, a castin. That one from jinfinance (have one for my m42 mount) have screws to put together the pieces and can become loose. To return to ciecio7 FD adaptor, with thys the lens focus to infinity and you can also regulate the f stop on the lens.

• Thanks for the comments on jinfinance one.. I was eying that one too..so now that is on hold till I read more..

• Hey @ppcroft I posted a thread the other day about having problems with my adapter (jinfinance) now I'm using a follow focus. The connection is just too sloppy and introduces lots of torque.

Thanks for the link to the one above. I've just bought the adapter with the tripod collar on it, as that is perfect for being rock stead. What I'm going to do, is see if both camera 'and' tripod mount will screw into my base plate, which would give a super steady fixing.

I'll let you know how I get on.