Personal View site logo
GH2 Settings (help)
  • I'm trying to determine the best settings and mode for the GH2. I've installed the 1.1 Firmware and the latest Driftwood Quantum X (v4 Orion) hack with no problems but I don't know how to get the best out of it.

• Should I shoot with the camera in Movie mode on the dial, or should I leave it in M?
    • If I leave it in Movie mode do I use HBR mode?
    • What should my shutter speed be at? I tried 50 and 100 and it's quite blurry, 500 seems better and 1,000 causes it to crash.
    • I'm getting really bad banding especially with lower (50,100) shutter speeds, is this to do with frame rate?
    • How is frame rate related to shutter speed, 60i? 24p? I'm not sure I understand it.

Thanks in advance for you help, even a link to learn more would be much appreciated!

Edit: I have an Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC Memory Card.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in the same boat, I just got my GH2 today. Made a few videos stock, then updated with same quantum X orion as you. I don't understand what in camera settings to use. I bet this topic has been addressed, but the forums have grown so large that I can't find info on individual topics very easily. Also, my noobism is probably the main problem.

Thing is, I don't even see any options for changing between framerate settings. All I see is AVCHD 1080i, 720p, and motions jpeg. I was under the impression that this hack would inable more movie modes.

• oh boy, since I can see this being closed in the near future, try asking here http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/basic-and-beginner-questions#Item_768

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions