Personal View site logo
PTool 3.60d topic
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • V. can I suggest you rename 'Crucial' patches to 'Risky' or 'Dangerous'. Crucial in English means 'important', not dangerous.
  • @_gl

In fact, they are important :-) But I'll do it. We don't have anything risky for now anyway.
  • thanks for you amazing hard work on this, what exactly is possible to do with the "ExTele patch" use it with the monitor plug it in? I have to do a wedding on Friday but I may tried during the weekend ;)
  • @andycorleone

ExTele is normally disabled if you plug in HDMI monitor. So, you can't frame or judge focus using this mode.
  • How are the chances, that AF-Tracking is being fixed with the hack sometimes?
  • >How are the chances, that AF-Tracking is being fixed with the hack sometimes?

You mean sometime in the future?
    If code is not present it won't happen.
  • @V., my edits didn't come through, crucial actually means 'essential', ie. 'you HAVE to apply this patch' : ).
  • @_gl

I understand :-)
  • I tried the two 1080i to 1080p 60 FPS modes. The one labled 1080 progressive does not appear to change the frame rate of 1080i at all. The 1080i to 1080p one does in fact change it to 1080p @ 60 FPS. However, the video is all garbled at a very low bit rate.
  • Hi Vitaliy, Thx again for what you did, i have a question
    i tryed 1080p24 @ bitrate 3200000 and it works on a class 10 SDHC card But i tryed 1080p25 with same bitrate and it crashed ...
    I Also have troubles with 50p as you can see on the attached file

1080p50GH2.png
    2000 x 1160 - 1M
  • Vitaliy
    "You mean sometime in the future?
    If code is not present it won't happen."

It was working in FW version 0.2 and has been disableled because of problems with HDMI.
    Maybe the code is still there and only deactivated?
  • @mrgroove

i tryed 1080p24 @ bitrate 3200000 and it works on a class 10 SDHC card But i tryed 1080p25 with same bitrate and it crashed ... I Also have troubles with 50p as you can see on the attached file

You must understand that it takes enourmous time trying to decypher such reports.

Use following form:
    Use systematic approach (one-two changes at a time with careful thinking).
    Shift-Click on round button in Ptool to save your particular settings.
    Paste here settings with detailed observation + MediaInfo screenshot + StreamAnalizer screenshot.
  • From that screen shot it looks like the sensor mode is set to interlaced and the encoder is set to progressive. Though I am not certain about that by any means! My suggestion is to try systematically changing the sensor mode one parameter at a time.
  • @EOSHD

First, such screenshot can mean anything, as extension is somehow MOV :-)
    Second, we don't have any ability to patch sensor modes. It is too soon for this.
  • Changing the bitrate for AVCHD FSH/SH resulted in changing the maximum overall bitrate rather than the video bitrate, any ideas? BTW awesome work.

Setting FSH/SH 16000000 ---> 40000000
    language checked
    version checked
    1080 progressive checked
    Pal to Ntsc checked
  • If testers could list out what they have changed when they ask questions, that would help us all figure out things a bit more quickly.

"changed the bitrate, does weird stuff" does not help us much.
    "checked patches x, x, and x, then changed overall bitrate to xxxx" gives us much more information to work with and understand.

• Changing the bitrate for AVCHD FSH/SH resulted in changing the maximum overall bitrate rather than the video bitrate, any ideas? BTW awesome work.

Setting FSH/SH 16000000 ---> 40000000
    language checked
    version checked
    1080 progressive checked
    Pal to Ntsc checked

FSH recording crash with lens cap off, but funny garbled video like mrgroove's post above with lens cap on.
    SH recording works but mediainfo shows this

General
    ID : 0 (0x0)
    Complete name : J:\PRIVATE\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00005.MTS
    File size : 102 MiB
    Duration : 48s 630ms
    Overall bit rate : 17.6 Mbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 42.0 Mbps

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : No
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 48s 549ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 16.7 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate : 16.3 Mbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 59.940 fps
  • @veloci - next time insert screenshot in attchament (leave video part only) - it won't take so much space :-)

As for maximum bitrate.
    During my testing maximum bitrate had been always archieved in first two seconds.
    This is why you do not see average bitrate increase.
    Also remember testinf report format - Streamparser screenshot is required!
  • Thanks Vitaliy for your great work. You made us much more happier not Panasonic. A small request to any expert(s) out there on PTool. Maybe someone expert in PTool should make a youtube video on how implement changes on PTool and maybe that will alleviate some of the questions/confusion.
  • I did some tests and i'm a bit confused. Up to now i thought that the lower image quality in 25i is due to the lower bit rate.

Now i shot a (non moving) object in 25p and 25i using the same bit rate. The resulting files are exactly of the same size. But the image quality in 24p is a lot better (sharper, more detailed).

I lowered the bit rate to 10Mbps just to see what happens. Same result.

I don't have any explanation for that.

24p - 10Mbps
    http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/00011mts0009tpzsfhjkv.jpg
    25i - 10Mbps
    http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/00012mts000y09uceo5p3.jpg
  • @dreamer

You have links to tiny pictures.
  • I think you click on Vergrossern underneath.
  • Sorry, updated. Use the magnifying glass.
  • @Mark_the_Harp

He changed links after my post :-)

@dreamer

It is ok for interlaced footage to have less details.
    Just make sure to use proper deinterlacer.
  • Last Location:
    Arrived - Portland, OR, United States, Wednesday, 07/06/2011

Scheduled Delivery:
    Thursday, 07/07/2011, By End of Day
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions