Personal View site logo
PTool 3.60d topic
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • >So can i do it again with just 1080 progressive alone?

Yes of course, but as I said, use very low detailed scenes and StreamParser to look at files later.
    Encoder behaviour currently is weird.
  • I've tried with just the 1080 progressive:

Same error apears!
    IMG_1749.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
  • Probably it's a card problem!!
  • Trying out the 30min removal new, the patch applied to the camera successfully ... video is recording, I'll get back in at least 30 mins.
  • This is exciting. Am I allowed to admit though, that I'm a bit scared to even try this whole thing? Anyway will watch with interest and take the plunge soon!! Feel free to make chicken noises...
  • >Probably it's a card problem!!

First, your need class 10 card, of course.
    Next, it is not card problem. You can also try larger Video Buffer and Larger Overall Bitrate (in testers section).
    But on any detailed scene it won't work.
  • great progress so far :)

any chance we might see AF tracking (G3) from the prerelease again in the future?
  • Are you going to get the hdmi cadence problem fixed so people can use external prores recorders like the ninja?

Anyway to add features from the Af100 firmware or is that totally different?
  • For 'Encoder Setting 4 1080p', the tip says its for 50i/60i. Is this meant to say 24p? (the 'Encoder Setting 2 1080i' starts just below this)
    The constant on ES4 is 8.
  • >Is this meant to say 24p?

Yes, of course.

@dts @Chaos123x
    Wrong topic.
  • Yeeees, recorded for 80 mins ... so the 30 min removal works fine. Man this is so exciting! :-)
  • Congratulations, Vitaliy! My silver GH2 is on its way...
  • Hurraaa, 30 min removal really works. Fantastic :-).
    Maybe stupid question but how switch 24p to 25p ?
  • "Maybe stupid question but how switch 24p to 25p ? "

I think, this is not possible at this moment...
  • Congratulations on the initial gh2 release - Great work! I've only applied the 30min removal and the PAL-NTSC switch patch and they seem to work perfect!
    I'm still a bit worried experimenting with the bitrate/fps stuff - that will change, and I hope add more feedback later:)

@Mihuel and @Angry_C
    25p can be activated by using the 1080 progressive patch (see attached image). In it's current form it's unstable (as stated) I haven't tried it yet.

@Vitaliy
    Is the 1080 progressive patch intended to be the final 1080 25p setting? If I've understood correctly, this patch is based on the 1080 50i setting in the camera, and I guess it uses the lower quality codec, than the 24p cinema encoder?

Thanks again for your hard work, we're all very grateful!
    gh2hack.PNG
    516 x 370 - 41K
  • "25p can be activated by using the 1080 progressive patch (see attached image). In it's current form it's unstable (as stated) I haven't tried it yet."

Yes I know, but he asked for switching the 24p Mode to 25p which is much better than the 50i Mode.
  • Yes indeed, that was my question ;-)
  • Do i hafta have a lens attached to the camera to install the firmware?
  • Does not seem to be the case, I am doing it with a manual lens with no electrical connections to camera body.
  • After the hack, I could not use the cinema mode. The camera has blocked and didn't respond anything even ON/OFF switch. Is it because of my SD card. I tried to shoot with a class 4 type SD. Or I could not manage to hack it properly? Thanks...
  • Thank you Vitaliy!

Lets hope LPowell's cam is overnighted!

any chance we ll be able to maybe choose the pixels for ETC mode in the future? instead of 1920x1080 maybe we ll be able to change it to higher resolutions?
  • @KrisCanonizado Works fine without for me :)
    @alicangrgc Probably, class 4 is slow. Mine hangs on some hack settings, remove the battery and you're good to go again.
  • 1080/24p seems to record OK with bitrate set at 44Mbit

Before (normal 24Mbit AVCHD mode) - Stream: Max Speed = 24,510,640 bps
    After (hacked) - Stream: Max Speed = 44,931,740 bps

However the average bitrate was hovering much lower since it was a low detailed scene.
    As I say, very earlier trial and error. Will test some highly detailed wide shots now with the 14mm pancake and see if it hangs.
  • And before I change the firmware I checked every option on the ptool software. Was it a stupid thing to do? Should I have left some of the options untouched? And finally, on the camera setup firmware version didn't change, still says body version 1.0. Thanks for your answers.
  • @EOSHD
    what settings you have set to get 44Mbit? really want to see it in pictures
    thx
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions