Personal View site logo
Canon, no aperture control?
  • Been reading about Canon lenses (not FDs) and that you can't adjust aperture when used on GH2... True... why's that?

Thank,
    R.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • I'm sure this has been covered a lot of other places, so your best bet is to do a search. The lenses you are talking about are the EF and EF-S lenses for Canon EOS bodies and the short reason is that the aperture is electronically controlled and the low priced adapters you normally use to connect those lenses to a GH2 do not have any electronics in them at all.
  • There is a new adapter for 700 usd that will also serve as a follow focus control in addition to controlling canon lenses aperture in 1/3 stop increments. Philip Bloom has a short review on his blog
  • redrock micro has an adapter called the livelens, costs close to $600 with the power supply
  • I found this, looks good but quite expensive like all of their products

• Thanks for the leads. Looks like the bet is to wait for the Birger. I did check Bloom's Kipon article, then read the thread. Interesting to read THE ENTIRE thread, as by the end, after Bloom had more time to use it and other writers as well, what started out as a good option turned out to not be recommended.
    Will stick with Nikon lenses only for now. (what I have)