Personal View site logo
Plot Device

• Illustration that can be done using new Magic Bullet Suite released today - see at http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-suite/
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • Wow this film was amazing. I only liked one or two of the 'looks' filters though, the others I thought were too cheap looking. These guys really know what they are doing for filming something really well on a low budget though, they will probably go far in the future.
  • >I only liked one or two of the 'looks' filters though, the others I thought were too cheap looking

My understanding is that they overused grading due to the order requirements.
  • I like Magic Bullet but my learning curve has been to over-use it, then use it much more carefully, then to try to use other things instead (for example, curves or colour overlays etc). This is because even for a small project (using Vegas pro 10) MB is great but can really hog resources, and the rendering time then slows to a crawl. If you can do the same with curves or whatever, it's a lot quicker.

But I like some of the preset "looks" and they're a great way of trying out ideas. The vignette effect, for example, is nice but REALLY slows things down. I'm also a great fan of black / white bleed effects but they can end up making HD look like you haven't cleaned the lens.

I am not talking about this latest version though, so maybe they've changed things to make it run faster. I must give it a spin. I'd welcome any distraction at the moment, but I have an editing job to finish and really need to get it done!!