Personal View site logo
Design: Pure designers making steadicam

• Good primer of video that you must never make public (see topic about 10 commandments)
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • i dont get it. is this so bad? looks quite nice.
  • >is this so bad? looks quite nice.

:-)
  • some pretty horrible camerawork from guys trying to sell me camera gear. Those who can, do, those who can't sell.
  • Yeah, and it will take another year for them to understand that any steadicam needs very good camera platform with fast adjustments.
  • Unusual design but - why no shots showing how well it works? Actually, I think I know the reason....

Edit: Ouch! Just seen some test footage at

Still, they have kept it legal (the law that says all stabilizer video must include a staircase within the first 10 seconds of the first shot).
  • lol. that's what happens when a designer works by himself without any feedback.
  • Is the idea behind dual rods that you can also use it as a shoulder support? It's a cool looking thing, dunno how practical though.
  • Its pretty funny to me, even though I am not experienced with them that much it looks clear that he could not even balance the 'stabilizer' as it clearly looks unbalanced in a lot of the shots when you look at how it tilts around as he is moving it. Plus could they not afford a tripod to shoot an advertising video for their product, the shooting is way beyond unacceptably shaky. The design looks way too big and ugly to me as well. I think maybe they should start over and copy this following design instead.