Personal View site logo
Showreel 2: Skin tones
  • 74 Replies sorted by
  • Am I missing something. How/where do we upload our clips?
  • @sprinke
    "People willing to participate should have dropbox or a similar upload site where we can pull down the original mts file from and of course communicate through this thread."

Drop box is a good choice. If you keep your files short you can use the 2GB dropbox for free.

Also, I just noticed, a lot of you have not added your names to: http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/gh2_skin_tones_project:gh2_skin_tones_project_main_page . There is a list on this page of filmers participating, please add your name if you are going to participate.
  • @sanzadez, I have Dropbox but who do I tell where to get my file? Also where do we post all the other information requested?
  • Sorry everyone,

I put in a comment here that belongs in a different category altogether.

• @pedro

What is this doing in Skin project topic?
  • Sorry Vitaliy

I was adding to another comment from FGCU. I was thinking the same thing just after I put the comment in. It doesnt belong here. Next time I'm find the right topic first, stick in comment second.
  • @sprinke
    PM it to Driftwood and give him details about your clip. You can add your name to the "filmers participating" section of: http://www.personal-view.com/our_movies/gh2_skin_tones_project:gh2_skin_tones_project_main_page
  • A few uncorrected screen grabs from this weekends shoot. Clipwrapped only. Let me know if you're interested in the mts files. Shot in Cinema, Firmware 1.1 HBR
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 10.07.17.png
    1323 x 778 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 09.28.31.png
    1325 x 790 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 09.27.17.png
    1323 x 773 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 09.31.08.png
    1329 x 788 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 09.53.50.png
    1326 x 781 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 10.06.26.png
    1335 x 770 - 1M
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-12-19 um 10.03.32.png
    1324 x 773 - 1M
  • Yeah, they look v good @TraumManufaktur - send via a dropbox link and add my email address thru the invite on dropbox. Choose one or two with your fav in / out points from your mts file/s. 5 seconds only each.
  • @driftwood
    As you said, today is the deadline for Skin tones Showreel 2. I'll be sending mine in few .
  • @FGCU @TraumManufaktur @sanzadez @sprinke @alcomposer @sohus @WhiteRabbit @proaudio4 @shrigg @kenoah @Hallvalla @Imaginate @bwhitz @sohus @ehr @Tommyboy @lolo @NickDulworth @sprinke @SuperRoach @spacewig

Guys, its time to get your skin tone tests in, some of you have, some of you are yet to link me to your fies or invite me to your dropbox folder so I can download them.
    I'll extend deadline to next Monday 9th January, and then that's it. Here's the process to send me for dropbox;-

1. Join Dropbox (its free) if you havent already.
    2. Sign in and make a folder called '[your personal-view nickname]+ Skin tone clip/s'.
    3 Copy & upload your MTS file/s into the folder. Your computer wil take a number of minutes to upload to the shared dropbox folder. Remember we require MTS originals even if you supply mov files etc..
    4. Invite me (driftwood.brighton@gmail.com) to your Dropbox folder youve just made.
    5. Include a notepad.text file of all your settings, lens, shutter, iso, profile, any lighting details, etc... as to your files.
    6. Thanks!

Best, Nick
  • Thanks @driftwood.

I will do another one then since you moved up the date.

Can't wait to see the whole thing graded and cut together ;-)
  • I hope I'll have time to bring mine into work and upload them since stupid at&t still hasn't come to give me internet yet...
  • @shian

It would be nice if you could grade this too and use your ColorGHear to promote it more.
  • I'd love to. What's the target date to get it done? I have a couple of DP gigs coming up - a music video, along with a short in 2 weeks, and we're doing major camera tests before both to find the right patch, and it's limitations, so Jan. is pretty slammed. As soon as I have all the kinks worked out of the CGT site and the legacy support, my life gets a little easier, so get back to me when it's cut, and I'll see where I'm at then.

• @driftwood forgot all about it. i'll have something for you by tomorrow night

• @shian Thanks, would be very nice to see how your stuff works out on this test. I'll put that to the others.

• I can't trim my .MTS files without creating a new .MOV or .MPEG file.

• sohus, from the faq

tsMuxeR - works

Smart Cutter - works

Final Mate - works, but the resulting files crash Vegas Pro 10

• @driftwood, when I edit out a 5 sec clip, I just realized that I don't know how to save or export in the original mts format... never had to do it before. Is there a way to edit a clip and then export as mts in Premiere?

• I think there are a number of proggies like clipwrap that can wrap it, then you can cut it/trim and re-export. Or failing that I will accept ANY INTRA codec transcode (e.g. AVCHD export to AVC INTRA or P2 mxf.

• @driftwood what's the deadline for this? I might be able to pull something off (but maybe I'm not allowed since I haven't signed up already)..

• @RRRR

"Guys, its time to get your skin tone tests in, some of you have, some of you are yet to link me to your fies or invite me to your dropbox folder so I can download them. I'll extend deadline to next Monday 9th January, and then that's it. Here's the process to send me for dropbox;-

1. Join Dropbox (its free) if you havent already.
    2. Sign in and make a folder called '[your personal-view nickname]+ Skin tone clip/s'. 3 Copy & upload your MTS file/s into the folder. Your computer wil take a number of minutes to upload to the shared dropbox folder. Remember we require MTS originals even if you supply mov files etc..
    3. Invite me (driftwood.brighton@gmail.com) to your Dropbox folder youve just made.
    4. Include a notepad.text file of all your settings, lens, shutter, iso, profile, any lighting details, etc... as to your files.
    5. Thanks!

Best, Nick"

Just read the thread.

• @driftwood I dropped it in the box

• @Tommyboy - cheers. I didn't mean to be a jerk. I missed (didn't see) the actual date.