Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve for PC
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @andres as long as you have a CUDA enabled Nvidia card it should run fine... slow, but fine.
  • I am thinking in buying a laptop and wonder if resolve would run in a Lenovo T420 with i5 2.5ghz; Quadro NVS 4200M;1600x900 and 8gb ram.
    Any ideas? have someone tested this with what specs?

• cheers for that. I will ofcourse dig into it properly and hopefully it will have the CC features i need because I love everything else about it.
  • @stefanos, numeric controls are one tab to the left of the color wheels - all separated out by YRGB in lift/gamma/gain.

Not sure what you mean by luma range preview / definitions, but if you go into the qualifier section you can limit your corrections by just luma or add in hue and saturation (plus power windows that are trackable).

For scopes, right-click on your image preview and toggle on your Parade and so on (Waveform Options).

And soft clip is in the Curves section, you have to click on "Soft Clip" and then right click to ungroup your controls if you want (same goes for regular curves).

Seriously, play around a little longer and I think you'll find 99% of what you're saying is missing ;)

The fxphd course is very good, as are some of the various YouTube tutorials.
  • Just arrived at Athens for Christmas break so I'm away from my beast desktop back in UK. But from my crummy old laptop, my very very initial thoughts: the interface I like a lot, very clever and intuitive, and offers a better workflow than AE plugins such as Color Finesse. It's clear that it is designed with larger projects in mind and with reviewing the footage in motion which is important. I like a lot that you have some editing control over footage, which you don't have properly within AE. Basically it's a proper conforming tool. Now to the downsides, and again this is very preliminary so correct me for anything wrong, but when it comes to actual color correction control, where the hell is everything? I mean seriously, color wheels and curves? Curves suck balls, and color wheels, although very useful at times, are generally too sloppy and annoying. Where are my RGB and CMY controls divided by master,shadows, midtones, highlights?? where is my luma range preview of footage? No luma range definitions? Also what about scopes? I can't live without an overlay waveform. Any highlight soft clip method like "limiting".

anyways I'm thinking loud here and I will investigate further.