Personal View site logo
Small prediction
  • 47 Replies sorted by
  • @Mark_the_Harp the platinum-lined alpha-wrap has had mixed reviews on blogs, though I like your idea of upgrading the card reader.

@bitcrusher what if I used your gold coating spray on my TRUEReader 1000? Would the reduction of IR pollution make it as TIGHT as a TRUEReader Analog? I realise that only spending an $1299 on it wont make files as Organic as from the mighty TRUEReader Analog but will the spray make it as T I G H T ?

I'll probably just give the spray a go anyway, hell at only $1299 its a bargain and if anything the gold will impress future clients cos its just so sick and shiny.
  • @alcomposer and hell agreed must throw away me old Beatles Hendrix etc - far too much noise floor :) Mark2929 you are so right (cough)

Same as when the DX7 came out and all the old keyboards were trashed and then remarkably resold years later for zillion percent markup - emporers new clothes all of it for me. Films are stories, old music tracks covered in shit and hiss are still classics - stop digging start making? Hell you do realise 24 bit etc all that is bollox as we dither and squeeze the shit out of it before it ever reaches anyones ears?!
  • @soundgh2

The DX7 is a pice of crap.
    It was all about the roland MC-303 with the power tube mod. There is nothing that eles that will get you closer to that euro-trance sound faster then the 303. And not a TB-303 it must be a MC-303 with the power tube mod.

I wish I could talk a bit more about this but I am working on a Enya vs Inception dub step remix for my latest time-lapse video. Its going to be TIGHT!
  • For those still unable to catch on, VK is simply saying some of the forum postings here might turn this place into what is happening at some audio forums, which is listening out for things that don't exist.
  • @dizzbit
    you just haven't got GOLDEN EARS
  • @Bitcrusher

Exactly lol - still got my 808 909 303 and Jupiter 4 6 and 8 Monopoly and MKS50 although aint got the time to tune the old buggers!

Point is - old stuff was great still is - please don't think I love that FM synthesis lol Was being drunkenly ironic ;p

EDIT apart from patch 3/2 solid bass used on numerous massive dance hits lol only reason kept DX27 !
  • @Bubba sadly all I do all day and every day is listen for shit and try and polish it - good times!
  • Ooh - that video brings back happy memories of rescuing audio brought in by clueless producers - ie "turd-polishing". I love the bit at the end where he decides to get a plugin to do all the work!
  • That's why I bought my Tube CD Player.
  • waiting for sd adapter that will connect to SSD ...
  • @bitcrusher

LOL!
    Man, I love that shit., you get me bro, fucking A , word!
    LOL!
    I remember the waves mastering one that came out years ago. Some funny shit!, but sadly true for many.

• @KV agree with the parallels... however there are 2 main audio forms: "pro audio" and "home dickhead audio":
    Pro audio is apparent, while dickhead audio is home listeners spending 30k on a 2 speakers without treating their room... oh- and of course comparing mains extension cords.

As I am out of the loop in regard to this comment:
    I am also thinking that Sandisk since 8/11 are now much worse.
    Electrons must be inproperly aligned in nand flash cells.

Can you fill me in VK? Is this in regard to the 95MB/s cards??

Cheers,
    A
  • De Paravicini once said : "The hi-fi fraternity is bizarre, full of dangerous amateurs."
  • @johnnym Are you seriously telling me that my $50k speaker stands made out of carved mammoth tusk, resting on diamond-encrusted dodo claws, don't allow me to "see through" the sound in at least 4 dimensions?

I'm shocked!! Just for interest, I spent a good 2 days personally aligning the electrons in my speaker cables by stringing them from a rare juniper tree in the Himalayas while singing incantations from ancient Vedic texts. Then I connected my speakers to them, and it DEFINITELY improved the sound, which is now somehow more "Orange" than before. I'd say that's worth it. Of course, it's completely destroyed if anyone walks into the room wearing wool but I can live with that.
  • >agree with the parallels... however there are 2 main audio forms: "pro audio" and "home dickhead audio":

My limited expirience with pro audio forums shows that they are much worse than Hi-Fi.
    Hi-Fi is really cool, guys who modify their speakers, replace capacitors. Sometimes for years.
    selecting tubes. This is really cool.
    Pro audio is much worse. You have something from Behringer and cheap midi keyboard and managed to write popular interesting stuff? You are fucking moron in this case. Proper guys use proper equipment :-) In pro audio it is worse, because people who wrote music don't have time for this, so you have negative selection.
  • what you guys are saying makes NO sense at all??!!
    if you would have bought that $249,- audio mastering book off amazon or attended one of those $1455,- video workshops you should know that 100% audio or video quality is not possible down here on earth. Why is '2001 space odyssey' one of the most influential movies of all times? BECAUSE IT WAS ENTIRELY SHOT IN SPACE! just like star wars or star trek TV series! For best quality, you need to get closer to the saturn rings because they are 12000bit / 12:12:12 and run at 205746kHz.
    luckily, some people already build devices to receive more of saturn rings' signals down here

979570264_tinfoil.jpg
    410 x 307 - 50K
  • I love 2001 since it was the only movie with realistic sound in space (the outboard part): no sound at all, but his own breathing!
  • @VK
    I take your point- Pro audio can be very much about the length of something else...

PS: I write music- and personally if you do this - you don't have that much time to write on Pro Audio forums... (Im only on P-V for the lutz!)