Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood
    How to get 1080i 50, to not double lines in your patches (need non wrapped, is this possible and how)?
    I would like at least FSH to get 32 mbits stable + your patches that spans ?
  • @bkmcwd

tried your patch, write speed error ...
    at FSH 1080i 50/PAL
    iso: 6000
    my card is SanDisk Extreme Video HD / 30mb/s ...
    Lens: DG 25mm 1.4, night lamp only ...
  • @driftwood

Just opened my Sandisk 64 95MB/s - never thought I'd be excited over a memory card. :)

Loaded Quantum v2 - can't wait to try it out. Thx again.

@Sage

Does your GH2-X patch include Quantum, or is it still SeaQuake?
  • @Hallvalla,
    Please let us know if your new 64GB 97MB/s SDXC card spans with Quantum V2 ?
  • @bkmcwd
    Will try-out your latest settings soon! Nice footage and data. b.t.w. GRTZ
  • @soru
    Thanks mate! ;-)

@feha
    Excuse me, my explanation was insufficient.
    This patch considers only use of 24p (24H).
    I have not tested yet except 24p of this.

But thank you for trying my patch! :-)

@ishvar
    Thanks for trying my patch!
    Please tell me comment. :-)
  • @LPowell re: Quantum anamorphic sizes. I think I'm heading towards;-
    2560x1080 HD
    2160x810 VGA
    Resolution quality looking good. Just finitely tuning...
  • @driftwood
    The anamorphic sizes are useless without anamorphic filters, right?
  • yip. unless you like screwing around resizin in post :-) which is pointless.
  • @driftwood
    This is sounding good ..
    You have probably already thought about it .. I have 2x 1.5x and 1.33x adapters

Kevin
  • hang on though . . . the camera does the desqueeze with these settings, right? Couldn't you do the reverse without an anamorphic to get the bokeh stretched?
  • Its up - doing some graph checks...
  • @driftwood and others. From reading here seems to be no error reports with Quantum V2? I know it's still experimental, but want to try it on a shoot tomorrow -- my two sandisk extreme 95 cards arrived from b&h today. Hurrah.
  • Sorry to ask but... a low GOP is a high number in the setting .ini file?
  • Quantum v2 720p60 in action ;-)
  • @firebo14

technically, NO. you literally set the GOP SETTING to 1.

But, bitrate and other settings do get increased. there are MANY variables changed by an .ini file. It is complex hacking these suckers, not just changing of one number.
  • *** NEW BETA *** Driftwood Quantum BETA 3 ***

This is aimed mainly at high quality sd cards.

MJPEG 2560 x 1080 HD mode anamorphic
    Note: First recording will fail. 2nd recording onwards: You have to move around for the first second in order for
    the GH2 to write its jpeg file, then should settle. But best
    for movement. Will probaby fail at prolonged pauses ;-)
    This will give 100% (1,1,1,1,1etc... ) on jpeg snoop during the jpeg test !!!
    If you can't be bothered with the hassle of attempting to get hi quality full x2 anamorphic then lower the frame size to;- 2048x864 for stability.

MJPEG VGA Mode: 2160 x 810 anamorphic mode. Should be good on static shots.
    Best quality patch so far for VGA mode :-)

1080p24 Still AQ4, tuned to 154M with no loss of quality. L mode will span on all cards :-)
    1080i tuned bitrate/limits, FH mode is nearly equal quality, span + longer recordings. ;-)
    720p improved to AQ4/ tuned. Should be good on hi quality sd cards...

Test away and give me feedback, the next beta of 'Quantum' will happen after VK provides the next ptools release incorporating new features on HBR mode plus more;-)
    Driftwood 'Quantum' BETA 3 - seth.zip
    914B
  • I did a high ISO test with bkmcwd's latest 3GOP Q18 patch.
    @bkmcwd
    thanks for your effort and informing me of the patch. I'm happy with the result. nice and usable patch.

firstly, the comparison of the original source and NR version.

next, the color graded version
  • squished for normal lenses. you can change the frame sizes. :-)
  • what does "100% (1,1,1,1,1etc... )" mean?
    and what is the advantage of using 2560 x 1080 instead of 1920x810?

@FGCU I think in post you would scale the 2560x1080 down to 1920x810, then stretch the 810 back up to 1080...that's what I would do if I were shooting without an anamorphic lens
  • @ehr 1.33 x anam = 2.37:1 at 2048x864 or 2560x1080 in the HD setting - try either. The 100% etc.. is ref to jpeg quality
  • 2560x1080
    2048x864
    1920x810 are all 2.37:1 I'm just wondering if there is an advantage to shooting with the 2560 over the 1920 in terms of image quality if the final output is 1920?

edit: by final output I mean after all clips have been edited the finished piece would be 1920 wide.

• The effort was to achieve the highest maximum frame size (2560x1080) without the need to mess on NLE AND keep it recording. We sorta did it, but its a hack... moving camera around until the jpeg gets written/after the first second, then the recording tends to settle down. Its mixed results at the highest mode (why? well, if you keep it stable at first it tends to not like to record :-( shame), but if you move it down to 2048x864 it should be fine and better quality than present patches. Test away. If its no good for anamorphic users, let me know! Hence beta.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions