Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • acabo de comprarme mi lumix gh2 para mi es demasiado dinero,espero que tengas suerte y me des una alegria con tu hack!" necesito mas tasa de bit tambien, 25p y 60p y 24p en cualquier modo!!!

I just bought my Lumix GH2 for me too
    money, I hope you have luck and joy with me a
    you hack! "I need more bit rate 25p and 60p....... and 24p at any
    so!
  • @mpgxsvcd

I prefer to think about Panasonic Lumix devision as of bad mother.
    She gave his child birth and abandoned him. Don't give a fuck about him anymore.
    She is now completely drunk, in some motel, busy making her next baby.

• Panasonic will never say thank you. I would settle for them just getting out of his way.
  • Hi guys,
    I've followed GH1 haking process and now I'm work just whit pana staff.
    Vitaliy hack make GH1 able for a pro use... Hope you'll be the same magic thing on GH2 too.

I've donate and I will do it again,
    just want to say thanks for your amazing work. (panasonic should say thank you too;)
  • Godspeed Vitaliy!
  • Yay, just what I wanted to hear!
    I just got my Voit adapter for my GH2 so I'm pretty excited about further improvements for my setup.
  • Great V. Anything other people can help you with?
  • It looks I'll get more time in upcoming week. Hope that it'll speed up GH2 hacks development.
    But many things still must be done before first PTool release with GH2 support.
  • I would like to see the following in a GH2 hack:

Right now when in AFS focus mode and you are recording you can press the shutter half way to re-foucs but if you use the focus ring (talking panny lenses here) you can't pull focus unless you press the shutter halfway first and hold it (causing a refocus before you pull). I would like, while in AFS mode, to have the option to use the focus ring with out having to press the shutter while doing it. Basically make the focus ring work at all times in AFS mode while retaining the option to half press to get a new auto focus.

Thanks,
  • I want to say Good Luck with the research on the GH2, I donated when the first GH1 hack was announced and I just donated $20, thank you for your hard work Vitaliy!
  • Hi Vitaly,
    I start to get desperate!
    I'm doing a lot of documentaries for european TV, where I need 25P.
    I hate interlaced!
    Please make it happen soon!
    I don't want to change to Canon and Magic Lantern....!
    Thanx for listening to me!
  • Hi Vitaliy,
    I'm scared the Sony NEX7 will arrive with all the features we've been looking for.
    Damm Panasonic for crippling their cameras.
    Please keep the good work on the GH2, I donated again.
  • I think one problem with a lower end 4K camera is we can't use SSDs. How will we write all that bandwidth? Also, any expectation AVCHD encoder spec will support 1080p 60p? It doesn't seem like a big deal? The most important things in a future GH-X to me would be a larger resolution, 4K is not necessary. But 2.5 or 3K would allow all kinds of post stabilization and then cropped to 1080p. 60p would be nice. I love the idea of 120p even if it would be only for a short burst. Better HDMI out. No hope for SDI to capture greater than 8-bit. Global shutter. Higher res LCD screen (920k). I'd love Peaking. In case Panasonic is reading.:-)
  • >I like to know if you can put 25 to 60P a insurance 24mbs

I don't understand that you mean here. 60P?
    I can't say that this is guaranteed (or possible at all) today.
    I am working on GH2 and TZ10 each day, but I have extreme time shortage in last weeks.
    Hope to get more free time soon.
  • lumix going to buy a GH2 for me is a lot of money, I
    like to know if you can put 25 to 60P a insurance 24mbs
    vitaliy thanks (google traductor)
  • Just donated, Good Luck !! I really appreciate your efforts and I love the GH2 as it is right now too... but you make me very happy to think of the possibilities if, or more probably *WHEN* you are successful =), so exciting! Thank You.
  • >I still hope the menu language will eventually be changeable.

It will be, of course. But via normal menus as in GH1.
    And do not waste your time. People wasted it long time ago so you don't have to.
  • It was just a question, Vitaly. If you read carefully, you'll see there's an option to reset initial settings for instances when the motherboard has *not* been changed. My question was that, if the Japanese model-type had never had a suffix added to it, then if would still allow it to be changed - just that once.
    It seems not. The problem was in the poor English semantics of the Service Manual - which is, however, very helpful in other ways to Japanese owners and I don't regret the purchase.
    I still hope the menu language will eventually be changeable.
  • @Roberto

First, this is offtopic here.
    Second, I already described all to you. You are just wasting your own and others time.
  • Well, I tried the Service Manual's region-change instructions using the camera alone (no service device or computer connection). When it came to the region list, the only choice available was "Japanese (None)."
  • >I'll see what my accredited Panasonic repairer says

I think that you completely misunderstand things.
    Words that you read at all this service stuff are applicable for special motherboards that are send to repair centers so they could set them to proper region (to not stock different versions). One time only, of course.
    For any normal camera all this words have absolutely no use.
  • >>it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region.

>It is not so. And you can't change region after it leave factory, camera do not allow it.
    Vitaly, Could you please tell me what you make of those instructions from the Panasonic Repair Manual?

I'll see what my accredited Panasonic repairer says; after all, he was happy to do the 5-minute DV-in hack on the Sony VX1000 back in 1995.
  • >it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region.

It is not so. And you can't change region after it leave factory, camera do not allow it.
  • Vitaliy, I have a feature request if it's at all possible for you to do. Cisco WebEx is a leading video conferencing system. Cisco WebEx recognizes my Canon 7D via HDMI out at 1080i 59.94. Cisco WebEx does NOT recognize my GH2 via HDMI out at 1080i 60. I need It to recognize my GH2 to enable me to do live video recording while simultaneously holding live videoconference calls with one camera. In this moment, there are no configuration settings on the GH2 to change from 1080i 60 to 1080i 59.94 via HDMI out. Would it be possible for you to enable this configuration option in your new firmware? Thank you for your consideration. It would be a huge gift for me to be able to use the GH2 to simultaneously record video out and host a video conference call at the same time with only one camera.
  • Re Japanese language menu: it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region. We just need that Panasonic "Initial Settings" software.