Personal View site logo
Robo-Selfie
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • When robots are able to move autonomous in your home and have the ability to access the extent of all that is humanly known via the internet, what do you do when one day you come home to find your robot watching 2001: A Space Odyssey and he or she as it likes to be referred to as asks if they can go as HAL for Halloween. You say to yourself - I don’t recall purchasing it with the sense of humor upgrade? And then the plot twists and it goes all bad and you know in your gut that the good robots will defend humanity against the bad robots… then you think to yourself are my anti-depressants making me over optimistic and why did my robot doctor increase my dosage? “Once dependent, always in chains.” Go ahead future robot, time travel back to present day to settle the score, l’ll be waiting with an EMP and a plasm torch. No one expected the time traveling fembot femme fatale to fall in love with its mark and that made all the difference, though it preferred to think of humans as harmless pets rather than equals… especially after the sense of humor upgrade was installed without the empathy upgrade…

• @majoraxis

You talk about major error most people make.

Limits are very useful.

Get the pets, for example. You really do not want to have small monkey with human level intellect in your home much. A cat will do much better.

Same with robots. Useful ones will do only intended task, they won't interfere with all else. We will also have completely different approach to connections and networking, not the present mess.

In contrast lot of people try to write and imagine human like robot, like full human level intellect. Even such things will be specialized, like ones made for sex, companionship with old people and such.

• “Even such things will be specialized, like ones made for sex, companionship with old people and such.”

Those are the ones I was jokingly worried about, but ultimately Google poses more of a threat to humanity than robots powered by AI, unless of course Google is making the “android” robot operating system… is the writing already be on the wall and Google has been planning this for quite some time? Probably definitely… resistance is futile… assimilation is inevitable… danger Will Robinson, l’m dangerous…

• @majoraxis

Google requires capitalist system, police and army to continue doing that they do. Otherwise it is just less than 100 managers-traitors and quite nice algorithm that had been screwed.