Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 18 and older 17 and 16
  • 459 Replies sorted by
  • Blackmagic Design has launched DaVinci Resolve 17.1 and Fusion 17.1. The update adds native support for Apple's M1 Macs.

• Hi everyone. I am having great difficulty installing Davinci Resolve, free version on my computer. I already had Davinci Resolve 16 installed so just tried to install version 17 over it when prompted to update. I am using Windows 10 home edition OS and this is run on a ASUS G752VS lap top. My Laptop spec is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, 512 SSD, 1TB HDD, 8 GB GRAPHICS CARD, Windows 10 Home EDITION, Version 20H2, Os Build 19042.870. Version 17 fails to install. I have plenty of disk space and am trying to install it on the main SSD drive not the HHD drive. I even tried removing all of the Davinci resolve programme files and checked my computer for viruses etc. uninstalled and reinstalled, Visual C++ 2015-2019 from Microsoft and still can't install. See photos as an example the problem I have. I have checked and updated all drivers on my computer. I have reached out to Blackmagic customer service and they said that they only give information and support for the paid studio version. I was also told to visit the Blackmagic forum, which I have done and everyone has the same problem with no solution. It has been 8 days now that I have had no editor and am stuck. Today I tried a computer system restore and it still will not install. Is anyone having the same problem? Any tips resolving this issue?

DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS.jpg
    1054 x 800 - 65K
    DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS 2.jpg
    1280 x 592 - 79K
    DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS 3B##.jpg
    819 x 800 - 78K
  • Hey Tony, have you tried installing the Visual C++ redistributable by itself? I am sure is available as a standalone download from Microsoft. I may have a copy of the latest Resolve 16 for Windows. I can look for it and upload it if you think you can use it.

• Can be good idea to try to install running it under admin privileges.

• DaVinci Resolve 17.4

sa18597.jpg
    800 x 437 - 53K