Personal View site logo
Skylum LuminarAI
  • 19 Replies sorted by
  • PR

Skylum unveiled a revolutionary approach to photoediting, LuminarA​I​.​​ Unlike other photo editors that takea time-consuming approach based on tools, LuminarA​I ​focuses on results. This revolutionary application and plug-in will be released this holiday season.

LuminarA​I makes complex editing easier than ever before thanks to unique AI-powered tools. LuminarA​I removes boring and complex tasks without sacrificing professional quality. Artificial intelligence lets the visual artist focus on results and not the process. Everyone can make amazing photos free of complexity, yet full of creativity, thanks to artificial intelligence."

LuminarA​I​ will bring an entirely new,non-conventional approach to the world of photo editing, focusing on the results instead of the process," said D​ima Sytnik, CPO of Skylum​. "We've designed LuminarA​I​from the ground up to change how people interact with their images. We're really excited to see what Luminar​AI​ can do for creatives everywhere."

LuminarA​I is designed for visual communicators, every day people and professional photographers alike. It's made for those who rely on pictures to communicate their important messages and grow their opportunities or reputation: Bloggers, entrepreneurs, educators, marketers, small and medium-sized businesses, and many others. It lets everyone tell their story with rich and expressive images like never before. With LuminarA​I everyone can make amazing images in an efficient way.

Artificial intelligence is the core of LuminarA​I

Compared to traditional image editors, LuminarA​I ​offers acompletely different approach. Built from the ground up to leverage artificial intelligence, LuminarA​I ​simplifies complex tasks and removes boring manual work.

Portraits take on new life​

• Use​ BodyA​I ​and ​FaceA​I ​to gently sculpt and refine a portrait.
    • Create eyes that are rich and expressive with ​IrisA​I​.
    • Remove blemishes and imperfections naturally with ​SkinA​I​.

Landscape photography has never looked better.

• Add depth and detail to skies with ​AtmosphereA​I ​and SkyEnhancer​.
    • Transform a photo and add an all-new sky in seconds with​ SkyAI
    • Bring warmth with ​Golden Hour​ or even enhance the sun with ​Sunrays.​

Professional finishing with less hassle.

• Looking for more detail and texture? Then​ StructureA​I​ is the perfect addition.
    • Get the perfect crop with​ CompositionA​I ​and fix crooked images
    • With AccentA​I​, a photo has perfect exposure and color.

With LuminarA​I​, amazing photos are just two clicks away.

Templates ​are at the very core of the new LuminarA​I​. LuminarA​I​recognizes the contents of a photo, suggesting the best templates to speed up the editing process. Each template collection helps tell a story. These edits can be applied and refined instantly. While artificial intelligence guides the way, throughout the entire editing process, artists retain complete control over the edits they make, the tools they choose and how they interact with their photos.

Great photography is for everyone, and with the brand-new LuminarA​I​, digital artists across the globe can tell their story through photography. LuminarA​I ​simplifies photo editing without sacrificing quality and creativity.

"LuminarA​I will help make image editing easier for everyone. We've removed the boring and difficult parts of photo editing without sacrificing creativity. LuminarA​I ​will be a great tool in a creator's workflow. They can focus on great results --- not on the process of editing," said Alex Tsepko, CEO of Skylum.

LuminarA​I​ will be available as a stand-alone application and plug-in for macOS and Windows. To learn more about LuminarA​I​ and to sign up for updates, visit ​skylum.com​. Early-bird pricing is available here and the product includes a 30-day money-back guarantee from the time of shipping.

• LuminarAI drives artists to new creativity and inspiration through the combination of human and Artificial Intelligence

LuminarAI challenges the traditional approach of presets and sliders with the ability to use adaptive Templates and human-centric edits powered by AI.

With traditional photo editors, creating the perfect photo is a time consuming process that involves moving dozens of sliders. Many seek to use presets to speed this up, but there are severe limitations. Presets tend to only work on images that are virtually identical to the original.

To change this tedious and frustrating process, innovative companies race to embrace Artificial Intelligence. But some creatives have been skeptical about its effectiveness and limitations. Their fears center around a loss of control and a homogenization of creative output. This does not need to be the case, if AI is properly trained.

With LuminarAI, Artificial Intelligence is woven throughout the entire editing process. The AI has been trained with expert input from artists, photographers, colorists and scientists. LuminarAI offers creatives the ability to save time and obtain consistent quality throughout their images. LuminarAI brings the perfect balance of technology and human innovation.

“With LuminarAI, we wanted to ensure that AI not only was easy to use, but that it also provided creatives a way to express themselves. Through our unique 3D depth-mapping and segmentation technologies, we’re able to recognize the contents of a photo, recommend edits and then allow creatives to refine every aspect of that recommendation,” said Alex Tsepko, CEO of Skylum. “Doing this lets creatives retain their unique style in their edits without tedious, manual work. Professional results, but in a fraction of the time.”

With LuminarAI, Artificial Intelligence is applied from the moment you open a photograph for editing. The contents of a photo are identified, problems analyzed and the depth of a photo calculated. After an analysis of the subject matter and issues, LuminarAI makes editing suggestions. These improvements come in complete workflows — through an approach called Templates — as well as suggestions in the AI tools. Instead of blindly guessing and clicking on a list of presets, the user chooses from a list tailored to their image’s needs.

With Templates, beginning editors can choose to get inspired through recommendations on how to edit their photographs. At the same time, experienced editors can choose to have more control, selectively applying AI tools as they edit their images. They can then create their own templates, and save up to 90% of their time spent editing.

Guide your edits and apply Artificial Intelligence

As experienced editors create an image, they can selectively choose which AI tools to utilize. This radically speeds up the editing process by removing the need for selections and masks. LuminarAI learns how creatives modify things like lighting, composition, detail and color. Creatives can also take advantage of Local Adjustments, letting them make targeted edits to specific areas of their image.

Once the first image is edited, artists can sync their adjustments across a group of images. LuminarAI recognizes the intent of the edit — the visual outcome — and adaptively conforms the other images to match the creative’s goal. This leads to massive time savings without the loss of creative control. AI tools adapt to the artist’s desires, and can handle variation in lighting and subject. The edits can also be saved as a custom Template for future use.

Get inspired through LuminarAI

For those that might feel challenged by photo editing or uninspired, LuminarAI is the perfect tool. Images are analyzed for content, and then recommendations are presented for editing. Edits for selections, color, tone and more are built by top artists and photo editors, giving creatives a professional look and feel to their own images.

Creatives can audition each Template presented to them and use them, or they can select and refine the edits. Built-in Template Collections are catered to the subject of the image — things like wildlife, macro, astrophotography, underwater and more. This inspires artists by providing ideas that they might not have thought of initially. And each recommended Template can be previewed in less than a second to see its results.

This also lets the creative learn what LuminarAI can do for their images. Exploring a Template reveals which technologies were used. This helps the newer editor learn the tools in a contextual manner that dramatically improves the efficacy of editing.

An ongoing journey of creativity
Creatives who choose to take advantage of LuminarAI Templates can modify and refine the AI tools to create their own look. They can update built-in Templates to refer back to, and apply them across a series of images.

And for those that build their own AI-powered solutions, they can save their own Templates. Giving them the desired combination of control and time savings.

Skylum will also continue to release new Templates designed in partnership with photographers and artists across the world. These updates will inspire users to continue their creative evolution.

With these different workflows, Skylum is committed to bring quality images to creatives no matter what their experience level is. With LuminarAI, users can capture and preserve human intelligence into the next generation of AI photo editing.

• PR

Today, our innovation with AI Sky Replacement continues, through the SkyAI tool in LuminarAI. We want to bring you the most innovative tools that can make your editing process quicker and easier than ever before, while also providing you with inspiration to create something truly amazing.

We’ve heard from a lot of you over the past year, saying there’s one thing missing from the sky replacement experience — water reflections. Coming in an update to LuminarAI in 2021, you’ll be able to automatically have your sky reflect in the water in your scene, without any manual work from you.

With SkyAI, you’ll be able to have your replaced sky reflect on the water automatically. That means no more duplicating your scene, flipping it and applying a bunch of masking to make it look realistic. Instead, LuminarAI does the hard work for you, whether you’re working on that photo in front of a mystical castle you saw on vacation, or when you were at the beach hoping for a beautiful sunset. SkyAI will ensure that any water in your scene has your replaced sky reflected.

And just like your main sky, your reflected sky will adapt to your relight settings, and be blurred into the scene without any manual work from you. If you need to dial it in a bit more, you can adjust the levels of the reflection. You can even bring in things like water ripples to show some motion in your scene.

The best part? All the details in your scene stay in your scene. Ducks, leaves, beach toys … they’re all there right where they should be. SkyAI works around your scene’s objects, automatically recognizing small details to make for a hyper-realistic view — just the way you’d envisioned.

Find the right sky, every time

Also coming in 2021, you’ll be able to browse through your library of skies in a thumbnail viewer. Gone are the days of keeping track of which “Bright Sky” or “Dramatic Sunset” you’d like best. The thumbnail browser will show you a preview of each sky, making it easy to find the right sky for your photograph.

You can’t predict Mother Nature, but with SkyAI in the new LuminarAI, you can get that sky you were looking for. Which is important, especially during those special days that you’ll never forget.

We can’t wait to see the magical scenes you’ll create with SkyAI, and the other AI-powered tools, coming later this year only to LuminarAI.

• can you batch process for let's say, an image sequence that came from a video!? or would the video flicker?

• @hardimpact

Yes, will be lot of issues.

It is big changes required to make it work for any video related applications.

• BodyAI detects a body in any position and with various types of lighting. With just one slider, you can shape your models to make them look lighter or add volume.

You’ll save tons of time, as BodyAI eliminates the need to spend hours shaping bodies with a liquify tool. And the result is natural, as if your image were shot that way.

Create the perfect full-body image in seconds with BodyAI — exclusively in LuminarAI.

• Purchase Luminar AI with a $10 discount by using code “WATCH”.

• Improved SkyAI with reflections and more

Skylum created the world's first automatic sky replacement technology. Now, building on this legacy, we've listened to feedback from creators in the Luminar community and delivered a faster, more robust experience in the next generation of our SkyAI tool. Under the hood, our enhanced AI engine ingeniously creates new possibilities.

Sky reflections in water: This much-anticipated update means there's no more worrying about sky replacement in photos featuring water! Ocean, river, lake, pool, it does not matter, LuminarAI will automatically reflect the new sky in the body of water in the most realistic way. The new sky automatically conforms to the angle and depth of the scene to produce incredible results down to the smallest details.

Scene relighting: SkyAI now provides realistic scene relighting by eliminating strong color casts from the sky on foreground objects. Improvements to these tools provide discrete control over the amount and saturation of relighting enhancements. The new Relight Human control can dramatically improve environmental portraits by matching people to the new sky for a more realistic effect.

Seamless sky orientation: One of the toughest challenges in traditional editors is cleanly aligning a new sky to the original horizon. New controls for Rotation and Horizontal Offset join existing controls that allow new skies to be flipped, rotated and positioned for a perfect fit.

Easier sky selection: Quickly browse and select new skies with a new visual interface from the SkyAI panel. We've added six new free skies with this release and made it easier to add your own skies or add new sky packs.

• Portrait Bokeh AI

The long-awaited Portrait BokehAI feature will help Luminar Creatives achieve dreamy and spectacular portraits. Using artificial intelligence, this tool quickly analyzes the depth of an image, and creates a beautiful background blur in seconds, adding a realistic and dreamy 3D bokeh effect to your portraits.

Bokeh Al creates a beautiful background blur in seconds, adding a realistic and dreamy 3D bokeh effect to your portraits. You can use it to automatically emulate the stunning background haziness of a high-quality lens at maximum aperture; easily add volume, airiness, and depth to your photos; hide imperfections in an unfocused background; and let the subject in your photos stand out

Textures with visual preview

The improved Textures tool gives you incredible new possibilities. In the Local Masking tab, click on +Add and select Textures. Now you can visually browse Textures in the dropdown list and instantly have an idea of what your final result can look like (just like in SkyAI and Augmented SkyAI).

Shifting Horizon Control in SkyAI

In Update 4, you can enjoy significant improvements to the SkyAI tool.There’s now a new slider that correctly adjusts the position of the sky. You can replace the sky and set the desired position of your horizon line thanks to the Shifting Horizon Control slider in the Sky Orientation section. Instead of Vertical Position, Horizontal Position, and Horizon Blending sliders, now there is just one smart control that saves time and is more efficient in getting your replaced Sky Texture exactly where you want it.