Personal View site logo
AG-AF100 vs. GH2 final round
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • Let the RED folks do the comparison. Move on :)
  • @Brian202020
    We need answers man! Answers! Got so excited that finally we were not comparing the GH2 to RED, but now I am holding my breath! :D
  • Yes, been waiting for this for ages. For me it would put the gh2 against known quality because it seems that it is the least tested camera at least in terms of DR. Once we know the gh2 compared to the Af100 we will have a better idea compared to the other cameras.
  • @Brian202020: what happened? :) driftwoods latest is always the best idea for image quality!
  • ...and the final verdict?!
  • I'm totally down for this! I'd also love to rent an F3 for the test as well. Is anyone here in the LA area? I'd love to set up our own indie-shootout. Let's do it!
  • Make sure to manually white balance the gh2... don't rely on tungsten and daylight presets. And if changing film modes, white balance accordingly.
  • @Brian2020
    I think your suggestions sound very reasonable. Do at least one test with a DSC color chart (or something similar) and some exposure bracketing. Try to correct them in post and compare the colors by eye and vectorscope.

One of my biggest complaints about the AF100 are massive color shifts just before clipping. Abel's settings improve on this (defaults are horrible), but don't avoid them completely. The GH2 behaves much more civilized in this respect, even the FS100 shows a bit more of the problem.
  • I'd be very interested to see this test. Any idea of what you'd try to shoot in order to test these cameras? I'm partial to scenes with shadow areas and really hot areas to see latitude.