Personal View site logo
Canon TV Zoom Lens J12x10
  • Hello!! I acquired the mentioned lens a while ago, and have recently been trying to see if I can find an adaptor for this lense. However, I can't seem to find any other lenses that have this style of mount. One website suggested it is a B3 mount for Ikegami HL79 cameras, but googling has shown different mounts to what I have. This lens has a large threaded ring around the end of it, suggesting it needs to be screwed on to a camera, whilst all images I seem to find of similar models are all bayonet. I've attached some pictures to show this. So, I am wondering if anyone here might know what this lens mount is, and also if there are adaptors out there for it, or if it is worth trying to modify the lens to fit a modern DSLR. I appreciate any help with this!! Any and all advice is welcome, and I apologise if this is not the place to be asking this.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • This is a lens for a 2/3" sensor - even if you manage to adapt it, it won't cover the sensor of your camera unless it's a Pentax Q.

On top of that, this lens was likely constructed for a three chip video camera with a beam splitter and will therefore create a blurry image on a Bayer sensor.

You won't be able to adapt to a DSLR because of the flange focal distance.