Personal View site logo
Blackmagic Design Camera Update Event, again

Rumors are that we again will see 2 hours of Grant Petty mumbling, as usualy cameras will be off for 30% of the livestream, next 70% they will be in linear raw mode, audio guy will forget to put lavalier.

Yes, and I almost forgot, Grant Petty spent last 2 weeks on best Australian beaches to looks like black community representative (remember, BLM!) and we can see tip of this on the poster.

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • Come on stripped down P4K / brain box for streaming with no screen and full control with the ATEM Mini. fingers crossed

• I think a new URSA Mini FF (smaller body)

• how bout an original pocket v2

• Blackmagic has an entire 8k live broadcast/studio workflow including the newly announced large format ATEM Advanced Panels. I assume they will introduce 8k and if they do I assume it will be in at least the USRA Mini line. Seems like they need an 8k broadcast and 8k studio camera solution to support their 8k infrastructure as well... it will be interesting to see what they announce...

• BM: 12k resolution. Can't sync audio in live stream when demonstrating product.

• WTF is this ? 12k? hahaha, man this is one dumb move, they will regret this

• @sammysammy WTF is this ? 12k? hahaha, man this is one dumb move, they will regret this

Why is this a bad move? Not sure why you think that. You can shoot at any resolution below that if you want. Just because it shoots 12k doesn't mean you must. It has a new RGB sensor, high resolution, high frame rate, SSDs and other non propriety memory. Easy to edit, comes with Resolve. They also have every flavour of camera below that like the pocket family and also URSAs. 6k, 4k etc. So if this isn't for you please explain why this is a dumb move. This will eat RED ( Patent trolls ), Canon and Sony for lunch in this bracket. The tech will also likely trickle down to the pocket series for those wanting a smaller form factor. So again please explain why this is dumb. Some of us see this as incredible. Surprising, yes. Dumb - I don't think so. Perhaps the people who look a gift horse in the mouth.......yes - maybe them

• I see too many forthcoming issues with lenses at 12k. Too much resolution for many lenses. I saw it first in 4K shoot 6k even more. 8k you don’t even try to shoot faces cos if not skin perfect you’ll regret. 12k grate got wide angles but beware of lenses issues.

12k right now is more like a solution for future. Technically is grate for getting used to such a grate image. But it’s more for marketing I think.

I’ll bee more than happy to have 18 stops of DR in 2.5k. Maybe some sort of quad pixel interpolation like in some cellphones so get more DR.

• Image needed to improve not resolution

• Should I remind you that the holy grail is the 10 year old 2.8k alexa sensor ?