Personal View site logo
Sony IMX477 based Raspberry Pi Camera
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • The IMX477 spec sheet says that it can output 10 and 12 bit RAW video. I wonder whether this will be supported with this camera module and the Raspberry Pi?

• FREE PDF Raspberry Pi Camera Guide

Take pictures and shoot video with your Raspberry Pi. Connecting a High Quality Camera or Camera Module turns your favourite credit-card-sized computer into a powerful digital camera. Learn how to set up and control the camera to capture stills and video footage. Discover the numerous modes and effects available, and use the camera in a variety of exciting projects across 17 packed chapters:

Set up the new High Quality Camera, attach a lens, and start capturing stunning hi-res images

Take selfies and shoot stop-motion videos

Build a wildlife camera and also an underwater one

Make a smart door with a video doorbell

Set up a security camera to monitor your home

And much, much more!

https://magpi.raspberrypi.org/books/camera-guide

• wow....way too much coronashxt made me totally miss this. Now imagine if next, they make a 16mm version ! Then we won't need camera companies. Can you run a raspberry off a powerbank ? ...short answer " Yes, most (but not all!) USB power banks are capable of powering a Raspberry Pi, since they usually have an output voltage of 5 V. And yes, by using a (quite large) 50 Ah power bank, you can definitely expect your Pi to run for at least 24 h. See the long answer below for reasoning and further relevant aspects"

• You need 5V and a minimum of 3A to power the Raspberry Pi 4. Not many power banks do that. The Raspberry Pi 4 also needs cooling, since it heats up and throttles. Fans, heatsinks etc.

• So, here's my rig with a $25 CCTV C lens (Pixco 25mm C-Mount F1.4 C Mount):

And here are two test pictures (compressed for upload):

CA shows up, which is a (cheap) lens property. Time to mount a Zeiss..

New Camera a.jpg
    2042 x 3629 - 2M
    test2.jpg
    3042 x 2280 - 2M
    test1a.jpg
    3975 x 2980 - 2M