Personal View site logo
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • @jleo...brings up a suspicion. I wonder if all the anti-mask talk is because they can't use facial identification ? In mexican banks, you can't wear a baseball cap nor sunglasses. But now it's ok to have your face covered with a mask.

• @kurth

I wonder if all the anti-mask talk is because they can't use facial identification ?

Only real answer with masks is.. because it is obvious solution. And it brings big hope and positive feeling, not something elites want now.

I'll repeat again. Media constantly telling you in publication concerning coronavirus as something new and exceptional during distribution and spreading is important.
    While in reality virus is completely passive thing until it meets proper cell membrane (and even in this case all the work is being made by cell parts). So, all you need to know is how other similar viruses behave, as virus survival at this stages is not related to its RNA at all.

So, sudden constant media focus on surfaces and eyes confused lot of people.

• @Vitaliy ....99% of the people are using cheap masks that don't work, even medical workers. Well, in that particular video, the white cop tossed the black dude cause he probably had a rule to follow that said no black dudes can come in with their faces covered. Sure it's illogical, now.

• Most banks I've been to prohibit face coverings of any kind, but I'm pretty sure I've seen women wearing hijabs in line ups. The days of retail store shopping where you can handle the product may be numbered. Who was that conspiracy theorist who said Jeff Bezos is spreading the virus deliberately in its Amazon packages and whole foods groceries? :) Now that governments are telling people to make their own facemasks, we might see creative things like pantyhose and fishnet facemasks that definitely fail! Yesterday I saw a guy with a homemade T-shirt face mask coughing continuously. Everyone had to flee as what he was coughing out came right through the T-shirt!

• @Vitaliy...those stats are based on controlled test environments. The real world isn't. In mexico, you have medical personnel with the nose completely uncovered...because it's called "cubre bocas". Most probably in these tests, the surgical mask is artificially sealed around it's edge, in effect doing the same thing as a silicone seal on a formed n95. But in real life, that's not how it's used. Here's what cdc says is the difference...."When properly fitted and worn, minimal leakage occurs around edges of the respirator when the user inhales. This means almost all of the air is directed through the filter media. Unlike NIOSH-approved N95s, facemasks are loose-fitting and provide only barrier protection against droplets, including large respiratory particles. No fit testing or seal check is necessary with facemasks. Most facemasks do not effectively filter small particles from the air and do not prevent leakage around the edge of the mask when the user inhales."

• Dr. Cameron Kyle-Sidell is an emergency medicine physician in Brooklyn, New York and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area. He has been in practice between 6-10 years.

Patients need OXYGEN NOT PRESSURE!!! The ventilators may be causing lung damage because of PRESSURE. Needs to be immediately investigated. 100,000 - 250,000 Americans at risk of lung injury.

• Major supermarket chains are beginning to report their first coronavirus-related employee deaths, leading to store closures and increasing anxiety among grocery workers as the pandemic intensifies across the country.

“One of the biggest mistakes supermarkets made early on was not allowing employees to wear masks and gloves the way they wanted to,” he said. “They’re starting to become proactive now, but it’s still going to be much tougher to hire hundreds of thousands of new workers. We’re going to start seeing people say, ‘I’ll just stay unemployed instead of risking my life for a temporary job.’ "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/grocery-workers-are-beginning-to-die-of-coronavirus/ar-BB12eFSF

• @jleo...that's what my friends and family are saying. Even if and when the try to restart, nobody's gonna show up. And that's what the article said I posted last night, the one on medium that V relinked to at web.archive...no ards. Ventilators are killing people. A friend whose brother is a doctor told her to get an asthma nebulizer if she gets sick.

• @kurth ... odd thing....before I heard of "no ard", last week I was thinking about "The Andromeda Strain" and thought " it might be the ventilators!" In the movie, what they thought would destroy the pathogen might actually spread it. Like nuking the outbreak town.

Best Buy has been offering valet shopping, you can order online or at the door and they bring your computer, camera or TV to the door or to your car. Not sure how that would work for groceries, as most people like to examine their fruits and vegetable and choose....squeeze tomatoes and spread germs :)

• New York City crematories are so overwhelmed with the death toll from coronavirus cases that regulators are letting them operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Some operators of crematories said they are already working 16-hour days. They are processing double, sometimes triple, the number of bodies they would on a typical day. Several operators said they are booked up a week or more in advance.

City crematories have 10-plus day backup as coronavirus deaths surge

The surge in deaths in New York and New Jersey from COVID-19 is causing a backup at area crematories, which could mean families may wait 10 days or more before being able to say goodbye to their loved ones.

One Brooklyn funeral director told The Post he couldn’t get a spot at the crematory at Green-Wood Cemetery until April 14, even though it is handling up to 20 bodies per day. At Rosehill Crematory in Linden, New Jersey, used by a number of city funeral homes, there’s also a several day backup

Federal and local agencies have sent about 130 refrigerated trucks to serve as temporary morgues for Brooklyn Hospital Center and other facilities around the state.
  • A study, where they found that hemoglobin function is influenced by the virus. That would explain the symptoms which seems to be reported by Dr. Cameron Kyle-Sidell (altitude sickness)

https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID-19_Disease_ORF8_and_Surface_Glycoprotein_Inhibit_Heme_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

Sorry it's in German about French out of the box study. They try to look to treat patients with hemoglobin from Lugworm (Wattwurm).

https://www.n-tv.de/mediathek/videos/wissen/Wattwuermer-koennten-Covid-19-Patienten-das-Leben-retten-article21696632.html

• Following can be used after ventilators failed, but much more limited... https://www.thoracic.org/patients/patient-resources/resources/what-is-ecmo.pdf

This kind of machine saved my friends life 3 years ago at University Hospital Tuebingen (Germany) because of a virus infection.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/ecmo-machine-used-to-save-covid-19-patients-life-officials-say/2251983/

• @tida

You can't use ECMO in mass, I think. As you are leaving lungs without proper function and air conditioning.

@jleo

New York City crematories are so overwhelmed w

This issues all originate not from body count but from international order to cremate evryone who had coronavirus, treating them same as if they had anthrax.

So instead of $1 sealed black packet usage we have all this panic.

• @Vitaliy....lots of finger pointing at WHO being controlled by china. These weak recommendations would lead certain people to think WHO is interested in viral spread, not containment....which might point to organized effort on the part of china to infect more people.

• Seems we know why so much love to ventilators

Patient on ventilator is very profitable, as insurance pays much more (up to 10x more) for such time.

Also ventilators themselfs are very profitable niche machines (and now all prices went up a lot),

In contrast using exygen distribution system or oxygen concentrators is considering quite a norm in US and EU and you can't charge much more for it.

Capitalism kills.

• Goverment bonuses

In many countries hospitals now get special bonuses for each coronavirus patient.

Such way they become very interested to have more of them, and as all of them are cremated it is impossible to prove anything.

• Mordor news

Income changes due to coronavirus

• 22% kept same level of income
    • 32% have income that dropped significantly (>30%)
    • 24% now have no income at all (no, we don't have US like bill)
  • Selfisolation in India looks like this

Tens of millions of people who lost their work now try to move to other areas.

sa12707.jpg
    622 x 620 - 144K
  • Surface spreading

Prof Hendrik Streeck, director of the Institute of Virology at the University Hospital in Bonnhas, said Covid-19 might not be spread as easily as people first believed.

Research conducted by Prof Streeck in one of Germany's worst-hit regions showed that the home of one infected family did not have 'any live virus on any surface', adding even more questions as to how the virus is spread from person to person.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8182767/Scientist-casts-doubt-coronavirus-spread.html

• Capitalism will have lot of casualties with its failed fighting with small virus

More than half a billion more people could be pushed into poverty unless urgent action is taken to bail out poor countries affected by the economic fallout from the Covid-19 pandemic, Oxfam has warned.

Bail out. People are not children, they don't need bail out. They need to be able to organize and push out all this guys who organized present pitiful state.

• Mass media pushing that vitamin C is only present in lemons (as they think)

Turkey stopped all export of them due to extreme demand locally.

Price jumped 3-5x already.

People are utterly stupid.
    If you so want Vitamin C get in in nearest pharmacy for around 1/100 for same amount. But I am not sure that capitalist won't repeat itself as with lakc of masks case.

sa12710.jpg
    800 x 612 - 54K
  • Just as originally estimated , the r naught number coming out of wuhan is 5.7. We heard 6 floating around and everybody smashed it ! Well, there you go. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-08/virus-may-spread-twice-as-fast-as-earlier-thought-study-says