Personal View site logo
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • US foreign policy war crimes under corona....

• see if this link works.....hit the player window to start video

US Embassy in China Covid-19 video

We have helped countless countries in need to establish their own health systems. Learn how this work can help countries cope with the COVID19 pandemic.

http://t.cn/A6ZRqV9y

• A key study of the common coronaviruses - HCoV-NL63, HCoV-OC43 and HCoV-229E - was published last week by scientists at University College London. By analysing samples collected several years ago they found high rates of coronavirus infections in February, while in summer they were very low. Other studies have also shown coronaviruses are seasonal in behaviour in temperate climates.

The study’s lead author, Rob Aldridge, sounded a note of caution, however. “We could see continued but lower levels of coronavirus transmission in summer but this may reverse in the winter if there is still a large susceptible population at that point,”

Seems to be main capitalist goverments plan. Stop economies and wait for sun to make its job. Looks similar to some medieval knights with strong religion side (stupid idea in respect to available tech options).

• @kurth

May be start new separate politics topic as we went slightly to the side with Venezuela and such, very related but to the side, my fault?

• @kurth last time I read something writen from him he was jailed telling how he would fill bankers and industrialits (the same guys who jailed him) with money again if they would let him be president onde more time.

It's very sad for a guy who could push half the country into unrest at the time. Instead he pulled most the left with him to play a redemption tale.

In the present there's some cohesion in northwest region with all governors being some kind of left wing oligarchy, its confuse but could be a front. But they have no power in the police or army. And because of all this lula redemption thing theres no mass movement either.

So war will not happen for now, not until people get past lula thing, and then they will have lost the momentum and will need to start from very low.

Except you talking about Brasil joining Venezuela invasion, this will probably happen. "For peace mission"

• Rebecca C.: video by a China based “journalist” rushing back to Beijing before the borders close to foreigners. Shows just how thorough China is in containing the spread of the virus. Since he IS a Western “journalist”, he can be relied on to tell a lie at the end.

• @RoadsidePicnic

not until people get past lula thing, and then they will have lost the momentum and will need to start from very low.

One thing to understand is that with time left and right are moving apart (both sides become more radical), fast, and in Brazil also (in all South America).

Most of present left politicians just no longer fit. As left are mostly social democrats and most of them already feel that they went too far left - they are loosing, and will be replaced by growing real communist parties. Right are much more flexiblem they move according to requests, and for now they are gaining in popularity.

sa12686.jpg
    671 x 472 - 47K
    sa12687.jpg
    800 x 479 - 51K
  • @jleo...thanks. It reminded me of that sean penn interview where he said the US military is the most humanitarian organization on the planet !

• It is time for you to realise that Chinese capitalists are no different from US or canadian ones.

If you look at people in key leadership positions in China, many are Harvard, Yale or Oxford graduates. Often known as "American Moon Worshippers". Warren Buffet has his fingers on almost every company in China. The capital of China may not be Beijing, but Omaha, Nebraska! Nice town :)

There are probbaly more billboards of Warren Buffet in China than Mao

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-parents-can-send-their-kids-to-this-little-buffett-camp-to-learn-investing-134029436.html

• @Vitaliy.....because we've been watching this long enough, it's fairly obvious, that all countries will prematurely lift restrictions...even china. So we can expect that at the very minimum, we'll see another wave, maybe like the 1918 flu, even worse than the first. The USa will be badly hit. But there's lots of americans who are dug in. They've bought freezers full of food, raising chickens, and gardens. Their neighbors will learn from their mistakes. As I've told alot of people around me....funerals cost alot more than rice and beans.

• @jleo...you know the most obvious thing I see in all these chinese videos...there's no black people. It's a closed homogenous place. No cultural diversity whatsoever. What does that tell you?

• @kurth

No black people. I think it is enough to bomb them with nukes.

• @kurth

Leave emotions out.

It certainly won't be next wave right after resuming economy (if they will do it late May or later).

Just due to the hot sun. All will be ok. But for a while, for a little while.

• @kurth are you kidding ?! If you shoot videos in Century City, California usually there are no pedestrians on the street at all. Doesn't mean it's Omega Man (Charlton Heston sci-fi movie).

Most cities in China are full of western, African, Arab, Jewish, Japanese, Russian residents etc. There are tensions and challenges but even Chinese from Taiwan, US, Canada and Australia may have language and cultural challenges to overcome. Since most young Chinese mainlanders know English, there's always someone to help. You can get around most of China just speaking English. Announcements and signs are in Chinese and English. or in some cities like Harbin and Sanya - Russian. China is so diverse, even Chinese from a town several miles away may speak a different dialect and can't understand what people are saying. Which is why Mandarin was adopted as the central language. Somehow everyone manages getting along.

• @Vitaliy.... it was just an observation. I'm sure it's an over generalization. And I don't think we have any definite proof on the weather thing, or I haven't seen it. All the articles I've seen use "could" almost exclusively.

• Ideas for your COVID-19 bunker:

• Yesterdays headline: Coronavirus: China concealed extent of outbreak, US intelligence says //

Todays headline: Coronavirus death toll in U.S. almost certainly higher than official count

Guess it's hard to get accurate numbers :)

The federal government’s death count is broadcast around the world daily as an indicator of how quickly the virus is spreading and how profoundly the nation is struggling. It has clear political implications for President Donald Trump, whose approval ratings rose in late March despite his having downplayed the virus’s dangers for weeks.

On Wednesday, the White House estimated that 100,000 to 240,000 Americans may be killed by covid-19, far exceeding the nearly 60,000 combat troops killed in the Vietnam War. Scientists said they did not know how the White House had arrived at its projection, and the White House has declined to provide details.

The death toll has become a heavily politicized benchmark. Trump’s defenders claim the official number is inflated because it includes all deceased people who tested positive for covid-19, even if there was another cause of death, such as a heart attack or an accident.

Marc Lipsitch, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard, said there are probably some people dying with covid-19 who are not dying of covid-19. Such misattribution is a problem for any cause of death, he said, but it is a minor issue that is “swamped by the opposite problem: deaths that are caused by covid but never attributed, so the death count is underestimated.”

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news-2/2020/04/05/coronavirus-death-toll

• @jleo... ...nope, not kidding. Look at your second and third video. Both point to the problems of being black in china. It's not common, which is probably why, in all the chinese corona videos I haven't seen a black person. Your last video just makes my point even further. Was that paid for by the local govt? Nobody said it's not a nice place to live, if you're a european, although to me it looks like the hyperclean orbiting world they created in Elysium. And this article leads me to think most black people in china are there for labor....https://qz.com/945053/china-has-an-irrational-fear-of-a-black-invasion-bringing-drugs-crime-and-interracial-marriage/.... and this....

... and .... https://www.theatlantic.com/china/archive/2013/07/on-being-black-in-china/277878/ ....The point is...when a country isn't culturally diverse, it will develop policies that overwhelmingly protect the predominant at the expense of the minority. This isn't the exception, it's the rule. It's like when a country thinks it's the chosen people...what happens to the "other" ? Ask the people in Gaza. All of these things are part of the reality. No....I wouldn't trust a country...be it Israel, or Saudi Arabia, or China with protecting the interests of humanity. And that's what they are asking us to do.

• Too far off-topic?!

Well. you can only learn so much from a video or article, as they all have some kind of bias. Ask Asians and Blacks about racism in Canada or the USA. Is there really such a thing as a culturally diverse country? Or do outsiders assimilate fully or partially into the main culture? Is it necessary for every country to be culturally diverse? How many blacks do you see in Japanese, Korean, Russian or Canadian Corona videos? :)

Look! No blacks in Canada!!

One thing it seems, Covid-19 pandemic is pushing us into a form of cultural uniformity. Right now, every night people around the world are clapping at a certain hour to show appreciation for health care workers. That's great. Then someone decided instead of clapping, they'd bang pots on pans on their balconies. As it keeps going day after day, night after night, it's becoming a little frightening. When will it stop? What's next?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/04/01/fbi-says-texas-stabbing-that-targeted-asian-american-family-was-hate-crime-fueled-by-coronavirus-fears/

Since many Asians are being beat up in the US during the pandemic. Andrew Yang who has been wearing an American Flag scarf for a few years, to distance himself from ordinary Asian Americans, recommends Asians start wearing red white and blue!

"We Asian Americans need to embrace and show our American-ness in ways we never have before. We need to step up, help our neighbors, donate gear, vote, WEAR RED WHITE AND BLUE, volunteer, fund aid organizations, and do everything in our power to accelerate the end of this crisis. We should show without a shadow of a doubt that we are Americans who will do our part for our country in this time of need." -- Andrew Yang

One Asian-American with a little more gumption put it rather nicely: Ashley Oh

@itsashleyoh andrew yang, wearing "red white and blue" isn't going to stop people from being racist when they see me. do you think the guy who harasses me on the street cares about community work we've done? want us to hand out resumes while we're being told to "go back to china"? fuck off
    92630776_2074453536013107_8814066768852025344_o.jpg
    960 x 540 - 91K
  • No place on earth is perfect. And places within countries are better than others places within the same country. In essence , humans are still tribal. The internment of Japanese americans , the armenian genocide, the holocaust are reasons we now call those things hate crimes. But in reverse, if you've ever talked to a zionist about palestinians, or follow Israeli actions, overt racism and how it affects the political zeitgeist , is the primary element of that equation, and fundamentally why it hasn't been resolved. Seems to me the possibility that china might be so homogeneous that it affects their political policies could be a reality. Doesn't begin to excuse the reactionary actions of haters who harbor ignorance against their citizens, nor their race , anywhere. But knowing this could enlighten the rest of the world to their political motives, in this crisis as well. What happened to the Uyghurs could happen to the world, depending on how this game is played. I think that's more dangerous than temporarily giving western governments emergency powers. It's like making saudi arabia head of the human rights commission. Countries that put a million people in reeducation camps, shouldn't be trusted with solving a pandemic crisis they themselves might be guilty of starting. my two cents...

• @kurth

I'll move this sub-thread into separate topic, as it is too far off.

Try to hold anti China things here. Same is true for pro China things by @jleo.

• New Delhi is banning export of hydroxychloroquine.

India may consider relaxing restrictions on the export of hydroxychloroquine, used for Covid-19 treatment, a day after US president Donald Trump publicly appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow its exports.

The export of the drug may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, top government officials told ET.

Real war on hydroxychloroquine.

No masks, no respiators and no drugs.

Western nations need to check that their elites are doing.

• Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is set to declare a state of emergency as soon as Tuesday, Nikkei has learned, as new coronavirus cases in the capital increase at a record pace.

The government will hold an unofficial gathering of a panel of experts on Monday, and Abe will speak in the evening at a meeting of the government's coronavirus task force. The ruling parties will meet later to approve a stimulus package, which is set to be rubber-stamped at a cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Abe-to-declare-Japan-coronavirus-emergency-as-soon-as-Tuesday