Personal View site logo
Vaccines and Vitamin C, flame
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • Posts like those from the anti-science, statistically-ignorant and possibly delusional "kurth" (based on the post above) are what tempt people to call for censorship on posting sites - fake science that is potentially dangerous (people refraining from vaccinations). But, no, we just have to calmly show how idiotic the posts are.

Here is what the CDC says about flu vaccines actually giving anyone the flu - it is medically impossible:

"Can a flu vaccine give you the flu? No, flu vaccines cannot cause flu illness. Flu vaccines given with a needle (i.e., flu shots) are currently made in two ways: the vaccine is made either with a) flu viruses that have been ‘inactivated’ (killed) and that therefore are not infectious, or b) using only a single gene from a flu virus (as opposed to the full virus) in order to produce an immune response without causing infection. This is the case for recombinant influenza vaccines."

And the National Institutes of Health:

"Vaccination is the best protection against getting the flu. Starting in 2010, the Federal Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended annual flu vaccination for all people aged 6 months and older.

There is currently no strong scientific evidence that any natural product is useful against the flu."

That last sentence means there is no scientific evidence that Vitamin C prevents the flu or reduces its symptoms.

Of course, someone like "kurth' will claim that "the government" is hiding information, perhaps to suit big pharma or a campaign donor. I am not sufficiently imaginative or paranoid to conger up what such people are basing their beliefs on.

• @Vitaliy .....the systems data says about 50% effective. My data says "dangerous" ! I visited my brother and his whole family got the shot. Next day all 4 were sick...I was the only one not sick....cause I didn't take the shot. I only took it once, and was sick for 3 months. It's bs that it can't give you the flu. Give me vit c any time ! Maybe smallpox was the only effective vaccine.

• @kurth

Flu vaccines are very good and efficient. Issues quite rare.

• @Vitaliy ....too often vaccine don't work, or have negative consequences ....so treatment options are far more utilitarian imho. Of course, for this to proceed, the chinese will have to be more forthright about the origins. With more people not believing official sources, china is in big trouble and should come clean. Most people in the world would be sympathetic. If they don't get it under control, it's appearing like it could bring down their govt...or even worse....cause a global catastrophe. The frankenstein myth has always been about our abilities to create our own demise, and our lack of ability to prevent it.