Personal View site logo
US: Problems with birth rate
  • 21 Replies sorted by
  • Harder and harder life.

• And the problem is?

• And the problem is?

Such birth rate is indicator of problems, especially in young families if you look at charts.

More apparent problem is that giving birth at 35-39 results in much more ill children or children with defects.

• That's one reason why economist-led political systems are content with importing the rest of the world into the West.
    I can't think of any good reason for me to have children, not without a million dollars in savings, and I'd be loathe to marry at any point in my life, just out of fear for divorce court (in addition to my general unattractiveness). But in a more general sense, birth rates are biological response to the numerous, stressful cues coming our environment, which reminds me of writings from the Australian photographer Reg Morrison.

http://regmorrison.edublogs.org/files/2011/11/enigma_code-1fz5tz1.pdf

• @robertGL Indeed economic stresses/worries delay the decision to have children, which is unfortunate. Also it is a societal attitude, "youth" lasts longer these days, through the age period that people historically have begun to have children. Many of my generation (30-somethings) believe mid-thirties is when to "settle down" and begin considering it. The problem of course is that this means they'll have 1-2 kids in total, which will put overall fertility rate below replacement rate.

All I can say about the economics is that when you have kids priorities change, somehow you find a way to make things work, though expanding social services and the safety net would be critically helpful, maintaining the population is critical for all of us. At this rate in the future there won't be enough workers paying into the system to support the aging population.

• The birth rate in a prominent, large supposedly non capitalist country is lower than in the US, and dropped 10% in the last year. The country is so desperate policies are considered to subsidize births. So whatever issue these statistics are supposed to show it has nothing to do with economist led political systems, whatever that means.

• So whatever issue these statistics are supposed to show it has nothing to do with economist led political systems, whatever that means.

Actually it is opposite.

Birth rate in capitalist China is dropping and this happening mostly due to exact same problems as in US.
    Housing prices in large cities become so big so it is hard live for most people.

• The birth rate fall and level I was referring to is in the other large supposedly non capitalist country. So it has nothing to do with political systems. Nice try.

• @markr041

The birth rate fall and level I was referring to is in the other large supposedly non capitalist country. So it has nothing to do with political systems.

I like how you twist the obvious facts.

This is how capitalism look like.

@markr041

You know that Russia is not discussed here. But proposing it as "supposedly non capitalist country" by economist(!) shows level of US economists. I know you referenced China here, but set yourself trap and try to avoid it now.

• Life is harder for young. This is reality.

sa6202.jpg
    752 x 693 - 61K
    sa6203.jpg
    761 x 563 - 74K
  • Will USA eventually have a billion people? Economists will encourage rampant migration to keep BAU going; Trump is in the way for now, but he might be out of office after 2020

sa9344.jpg
    618 x 561 - 56K
    sa9345.jpg
    516 x 371 - 30K

sa11601.jpg
    557 x 447 - 49K
  • @robertGL Wanna make a wager on Trump's departure? =)

sa11604.jpg
    453 x 546 - 49K
  • More than half of my young coworkers fresh out of college don't want at least one of these: dating, marriage, kids

That's all folks!

• @stonebat

You'll be surprised how they will change as soon as you will remove issues and pressure of society.

As I like to tell - decision not to have kids comes from experience. As people just calc how much effort and money will be to grow up at least someone as them. This is also why birth rates are highest among immigrants and lowest income citizens (and also top 1%).

• "remove issues and pressure of society" Good luck with that ever happening. I am expecting doom and gloom from here on out. I hope the Iranians don't react to Trump's audacious assassination, yesterday, but humans will continue to use up all natural resources available as fast as possible and maybe prove global warming catastrophe to be true in the process. I'll just continue to be anti-natalist, which isn't too hard to be

• Clearly visible effect of capitalism (1989 last good year of exUSSR block)

• Fertility rate, 2018

sa11994.jpg
    716 x 465 - 38K