Personal View site logo
BlackMagic ATEM Mini Live and Mini Pro
  • 27 Replies sorted by
  • @Firworks

Just return audio interface back. :-)

And search for same issue if it is common.

Considering keying, I am sure Andy won't be happy (you can check Andy Harris video on our channel including BF one), as he is doing keying in pro studio in 6K raw :-)

• ^ That was the best I found of the influencer videos as well. He seemed to know some of what it was capable of and not just stating that it was so cool, switching back and forth between two angles a few times and saying this was "Going to be really useful!"

I have the ATEM Mini, I managed to snag one and used it earlier this week for our weekly show. Had absolutely abysmal audio sync issues using it. Audio and video sync going in and out of sync by around a second or more at some of the worst points. Others it is perfectly fine. In theory if it can work without the sync issues then its a big improvement over my previous setup of 4 ElGato Camlinks but as it stands it's not really usable for us.

Near the start it is essentially synced or good enough for a live stream. As the stream progresses the audio/video sync goes further and further out. ~43:43 ATEM Mini makes loud electronic distorted noise followed by loud ticking. By 1:00:00 the sync is back to good and remains for a bit. By 2:00:00 the audio and video are completely terribly out of sync.

Stream setup was our usual Panasonic G85 and G7, with my audio rack providing audio input through one of the ATEM Mini's line-in jacks and all that going into OBS. I've been streaming with this same system for a year now and the only thing different this week was swapping out the Camlinks and a Behringer UMC204HD audio interface for the ATEM Mini.

Oh also, the advanced chroma keyer in it works very nicely. In about a minute of fiddling I had it pulling a clean key of my wife in front of our pop up screen including retaining fine detail in her hair and individual strands sticking out over the key.