Personal View site logo
Cheap 10" 1024x600 monitor with battery and HDMI input
  • 69 Replies sorted by
  • Same here, I've been investigating the DIY 5.6" 720p panel option. I found a small HDMI controller that sounds good on paper, but a complete kit (screen, controller, keypad & cables) is quite costly, and would still require a custom case of some kind. I'd want something light , thin & compact so it'd have to be plastic based, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Those damn 10" screens are just so big, but I might get them anyway. Non-glossy would be best though ...
  • I've been thinking about breaking down and getting one of these. There doesn't seem to be much else on the market in the same price range. Mr. Chan has never replied on when the non-glossy panels are coming back though. Any thoughts?
  • >You mean GH1 right?

Of course :-) I fixed original post.
  • > *GH2* has no live output via HDMI.

You mean GH1 right?
  • > kind of sidetracking. VK, I checked the 600 LED lights and they are indeed much better

They produce different versions for different batteries, I know that Panasonic anf Sony version exists.
    Plus all of them have XLR connector, so you could make cable to attch your own battery.
  • >Yeah, I read that thread. Was just hoping to get a more conclusive answer here.

GH1 has no live output via HDMI. And composite output is of no high quality.
    Plus sometimes Leadstart behave strange with my GH1.
  • kind of sidetracking. VK, I checked the 600 LED lights and they are indeed much better http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120716219884

but I need portability with battery and there ain't no way i'm paying 150$ for 1 v mount battery. Any cheap powering solutions to go with these, or do I have to go with the 500 LED to use cheap 12v batteries?

by the way, my leadstar monitor is arriving tomorrow. can't wait!
  • Yeah, I read that thread. Was just hoping to get a more conclusive answer here. Thanks though (Vitaliy mentions the GH1 a few times in the main post above, so...)
  • >No one's used this monitor with the GH1?

if there is an answer out there, it's in there. If I remember correctly, there are some mixed results. But I don't think it's good companion to GH1 but I may be wrong.
  • No one's used this monitor with the GH1?
  • @stefanos

I do not know.
    I suggest to look for 600 and 900 LED models instead, they are better.

• for longer shooting times I'm looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-12V-18000mAh-Super-Rechargeable-Lithium-ion-Battery-/130499122642?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item1e625a95d2

I know it's overkill in a way, but it seams like a beast, and I want to take it to the back of the shoulder rig for extra counterweight. The problem is i'll need to design a DIY solution so that it's mountable on rods. And then figure a way to power GH2 as well. It's also great portable solution to power these cool konova 500 LED lights that draw 30w and take 12v: http://cgi.ebay.com/500-LED-Dimmer-Battery-Pack-Video-Photography-Lighting-/140538290755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b8bc2243
    . Any thoughts?
  • >Can this monitor playback AVCHd files from GH2, from SD card. Or can we watch movies from usb stick or Sd card?

Of course, not.
    It can only play SD videos, divx, etc.
  • Hi every one ,
    I have question about playback of this monitor. Can this monitor playback AVCHd files from GH2, from SD card. Or can we watch movies from usb stick or Sd card?
  • I just ordered one as well - they're back at $104 with shipping. Because I feel like I've read conflicting info, can someone describe the experience with one of these on the GH1? Can the monitor be used for framing/focusing during recording (AVCHD 1080p24), or just playback afterwards? I intend to get a GH2 at some point so it's not a huge loss if it won't work on the GH13, but it would be nice.
  • just ordered one. it's a good deal. can't beat 100$. And I absolutely hate focusing on the GH2 screen, so im looking forward to it. wish I could afford a smallHD though... Kind of random but do you know if the current cheap gh2 batteries on ebay are any good? Also, the first vendor to make GH2 battery grip will be rich!
  • >Do you know if this is the glossy or non glossy version, also, have you heard anything about if/when the newer >version with software updates will come out?

Glossy, they sold all non-glossy some time ago.
    Just buy non-glossy screen protection in store near you.

About new version - I do not know.
    I hope that Vincent will provide some info here soon.
  • Do you know if this is the glossy or non glossy version, also, have you heard anything about if/when the newer version with software updates will come out?