Personal View site logo
Windows Phone Store Closes in December
  • Windows 8 Phone and 8,1 Phone store will be fully wiped out as for Microsoft it is not much profitable.

As system did not want to die fast enough Microsoft disabled any app updates early this year upon request of their investors (who are also investors of Google and Apple).

Windows 10 Phone store still works, but it is expected that all of the apps will be wiped out within 6 months also.

Total damage is very hard to calculate, but it is still millions of functioning Windows 8 phones.

Remember - corporations under capitalism are your enemies!

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • so they're dropping the mobile business altogether?

• @robertGL

They dismissed all software developers and dropped Windows Phone long ago :-)

Investors wanted to make Android the monopoly with usual Apple as alternative.

Windows Phone did not fit in the plans. So Microsoft had been ordered t buy Nokia, kill it and after this kill OS department who managed to make one of the most speedy and stable OS Microsoft ever made.

• well that sucks - I still use my 8.1 nokia as a mini-tablet for email and a couple apps, so I better not delete them

• WhatsApp will stop working on all Windows Phone devices since January 1st 2020.

Decision happened after secret meeting with Microsoft and Google, who now want to coordinate full and fast Windows Phone demise.

Media had been advised to always tell how few people still use Windows Phones, despite damages of this decisions had been in tens of billions USD (that people will need to spend on new phone), with all support costs being below $1 million a year.

Especially they don't like that WIndows Phone OS does not have all permanent tracking and hidden audio recording features build in that Android has. It also does not slow down and properly use NAND storage, contrary to Android where lot of parts had been written by one time contractors and no one actually can fix stuff.