Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E1 Camera 100 Mbps hack for 4K DCI (fw v0.31)
  • 382 Replies sorted by
  • @nutsey, yes, I've already found, that RTOS output is disabled. Now I'm writing function in ARM byte-code to force output to file.

• @storyboardcreativity '>' and '>>' should work but not every shell command gives output.

Linux to RTOS communication is possible with dbus which seems to be disabled here.

• @nutsey, is there any way to connect to ambash in realtime through wi-fi or usb?

• @nutsey, yes. But it's difficult because I can't get ambash log (it does not write terminal history to file - reconstructing debug routines that were not compiled is very difficult).

(">" symbol does not work too - example: {command} > c:\1.txt)

• @storyboardcreativity

Have you tried running test ambashell commands?

• "Do you work with E1 firmware too?"

Not really as I don't have the cam but I'm looking for a chance to get one used. I've got some experience with other Amba A7/A9/A12/H22 devices.

"I need real address in RAM because I work with memory map."

I can be wrong but it seems like the adj settings are loaded into memory before ambashell script. Anyway you can locate the memory offset for this byte by searching for the surrounding bytes as it is loaded as binary.

• @nutsey, you said:

MCTF on/off control byte should be at 0x5A10D8 in 0.31 fw file.

I need real address in RAM because I work with memory map. Do you work with E1 firmware too?

• MCTF on/off control byte should be at 0x5A10D8 in 0.31 fw file.

• @storyboardcreativity

"I have disabled MCTF by special HW-related function from Ambarella SDK." It can also be disabled in adj settings.

• @storyboardcreativity

16MB: 0x4000000-0x5000000

savebin c:\dump.bin 0x4000000 l 16777216

• @nutsey, what memory fragment do you need?

• @storyboardcreativity

Could you please share a memory dump saved with savebin shell command?

• Well... testing now. I have disabled MCTF by special HW-related function from Ambarella SDK. Footage seems... darker??

Both frames parameters: ISO 10 000, 1/48, 5000K, 35mm (almost closed aperture ~f/24). In menu for each frame "Noise Reduction" was set to "Strong".

Before.jpg
    4096 x 2160 - 1M
    After.jpg
    4096 x 2160 - 861K
  • @storyboardcreativity

Can film same lit wall and make noise statistics :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, but I don't know, how to compare the result - how can I prove, that MCTF is really disabled? :D

• This would be perfect greenscreen camera with low nr and 422 mode mjpeg

• @storyboardcreativity

This is interesting to see how much role it plays.

• @Bob_Hawk, MCTF = Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (one of the noise reduction types). It's often used to increase frame quality when bitrate is reduced. In E1 menu we can't disable reduction - we can only set between weak/normal/strong noise reduction.

• I'm close to find out how to disable MCTF in this camera. Seems to be a very good patch

• @ storyboardcreativity: "I've done patch for disabling time limit today - you can find it now in my repository I did not test it, but I'm sure it works. If it does not - write me, please"

Working perfectly - many Thanks!

• Do you have the usb port to transfer files? I have not, I've tried with different cables and systems.

the camera detects that it has been connected but without any other action on the pc

@storyboardcreativity

a question, I do not look for better colors, only better image, believes that mjpeg ( same or lower bit rate ) is giving better result than mov?

I have faith that something can be done to have a better raw image, photos 16:9 format , better automatic focus (it gets worse even at 1080 60fps), i just use 4k 30fps, I understand that maybe the focus peak in the camera seems to be out of reach

grateful

• I use Lilliput A7s or Lilliput A5 perfekt For e1 or my BMMCC with Focus peaking and Histogramm Bad For z-log i make my selve flat log and compensate in Monitor For Clear nice Image

• Hdmi Monitor can Change Manuel relevant 720p and 1080p60 , over Record 1080p crop , 4k to 1080p60 fix Good use on my 7* Monitor with focus peaking

• @storyboardcreativity....well, it matters to you...& I was just being inclusive. thanks for your work/k