Personal View site logo
Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000 II with 4 year old main components

• 18 Replies sorted by
  • Features are consequences of internal reorganization where all resources and top developers are transferred into premium FF line.

• Wait they're making a FZ1000 II? After making an FZ2500 that was the successor? Isn't this like releasing a G7 II after the G85?

• @Firworks

Info is 100% reliable, both from Nokishita and from my source.

• PR

• Large 1-inch-high sensitivity sensor
    • Fast 16x LEICA* DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens
    • High-resolution Live View Finder

Frankfurt, Germany – 18 February 2019 – The brand new FZ1000 II is a camera for every occasion. Boasting a large 1-inch sensor and a 16x optical LEICA certified zoom lens, it is the perfect bridge camera for photo enthusiasts. Taking high-quality photographs in a wide range of different conditions is easy with advanced specifications designed to help you get the best shot. When speed is of the essence, the FZ1000 II has you covered, while 4K Photo and Video give you added flexibility. Use either the free-angle rear screen, or the high-resolution Live View Finder (LVF) to compose your shots.

Key Features

The FZ1000 II is equipped with all the best specifications you need to help you get your shot.

At the heart of the camera is a large 1-inch 20.1-megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor, which boasts a high signal to noise ratio – in other words, it’s the ideal choice for capturing clear images, even in low light conditions. The 16x optical LEICA zoom lens gives you a 35mm camera equivalent of 25-400mm, making it perfect for everything from scenic photography to distant subjects. The newly added Zoom Compose Assist assures, that you do not lose your subject when it suddenly leaves the frame. An aperture range of f/2.8-4.0 is available for creating beautifully blurred backgrounds, while a new minimum aperture of f/11 is useful for highly detailed landscape shots. Additional specifications include the following:

• 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S.+ (Optical Image Stabilizer) to compensate for handshake to achieve blur-free images at every focal length.
    • Photo Styles for creative , including the newly added L.Monochrome D mode for enhanced monochrome images.
    • Bluetooth Low Energy (4.2) and Wi-Fi connectivity (IEEE802.11b/g/n) for instant sharing via Panasonic Image App.
    • Long-Life Battery with AC- or USB Power Charging on the Go.

Capture every moment with LUMIX FZ1000 II

• Fast operation and Light Speed autofocus
    • High-speed burst shooting
    • 4K Photo and video to capture the fastest movements.

To complement the high sensitivity sensor, the FZ1000 II has been equipped with a quick start-up time and an ultrafast autofocus of approximately 0.09 seconds. A burst rate of 12fps (AFS), plus a high-speed (electronic) shutter sporting 1/16000 seconds round off this package.

LUMIX’s famous 4K Photo capabilities help you get the shot in difficult situations. Fleeting moments can be captured at a stunning 30 frames per second, giving you the option to choose the best frame later. A newly added Auto Marking feature helps you to find the right shot quickly and easily.

Other exciting 4K Photo functions include Post Focus, Focus Stacking and the ability to combine multiple images for a fun “stromotion” effect.

Video enthusiasts can record stunningly smooth, high-resolution QFHD in 3840x2160 pixel resolution at 30/25/24p.

Perfect design

The ergonomics of the FZ1000 II have been designed to make it a comfortable shooting experience. A high-speed and high-precision 0.39-inch OLED Live View Finder has a 2,360k-dot resolution and 0.74x magnification. The eyepoint of 20mm allows for high visibility – even for photographers wearing glasses. Meanwhile, the 3.0-inch, 1,250k-dot free-angle rear monitor includes touch-control and can rotate 180 degrees to the side and 270 degrees up and down for shooting from every conceivable angle. Intuitive controls, including a front/rear dual dial system and a total of 13 function buttons puts everything you need at your fingertips.

The Panasonic LUMIX FZ1000 II has a recommended retail price of £769.99 (UK) / €849.99 (Ireland) and will be available from the end of March 2019.

For more information visit www.panasonic.co.uk.

sa7062.jpg
    800 x 577 - 72K
    sa7063.jpg
    800 x 530 - 65K
  • @Vitaliy unbelievably they didn't shoot in 4k. But as far as I can tell, there's one major upgrade for video on this camera, at least according to specs at pany uk, and that is it doesn't crop in 4k, which both the mk i and the fz2500 both unfortunately do crop...to about 34mm or there abouts. And it supposedly has improved it's zooming as well. And the additions of the b&w modes might? make it a worth while improvement over the mk i.

• have to eat my words....panasonic are complete dumbaxxes. Sony still rules the 1"sensor world....

• sa7784.jpg
    756 x 509 - 68K
    sa7782.jpg
    761 x 493 - 52K
    sa7783.jpg
    745 x 427 - 59K
  • Wait they're making a FZ1000 II? After making an FZ2500 that was the successor? Isn't this like releasing a G7 II after the G85?

Strange so strange, I guess the one good news from this is if anybody wants to buy a FS1000 mk1 on eBay then the mk2 should help hurry up the price drops on eBay if the FZ2500 hadn't already pushed it done enough for you to buy a FZ1000